Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kira_Kira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Dating guy for about 7 weeks, but is he into me?
    So, I'm seeing a guy, we'll call *Jess*. He is the nephew of my mother's friend and neighbor. The uncle introduced us and we went from there. He is 26, a Sheriff, very into family, super sweet and we have great chemistry when we are out. Our first date he took me to see Madagascar. We met at the theater, and after you drive him to his car and I got out of the car and gave him a hug and that's it. He asked me out the following Monday, but when Sunday came I was sick with the flu that entire week. So, we ended up seeing one another about 10 days after our first date. We went miniuature golfing. We had a blast and we went to a bar after by my house in Rancho and be lives in the OC. After a few drinks we talked A LOT and just laughed and had fun, but he mentioned his EX... which I ignored and kept the conversation moving in another direction. After, he walked me to my car and we kissed... And it rained on us. Third date was about a week ago and we went to another movie and during the movie he kept touching my hand with his pinky like he was trying to lock his around mine. So, lastly we text mostly. He's off on Thursdays and sat and sun. He's never asked me out on a day he's off, but in days be works at 4 in the morn, then home to the oc to nap and shower and then to me. If I don't text for a few days he'll text and call me busy body I'd say he's thinking if me, BUT if I am in constant contact with him, he sometimes won't respond until the next day, and I seem to initiate the conversation. When he's at his uncles he never said, until one day I went to work be told me and I stopped by and while we were talking his uncle cane out... And STAYED... so, I left. Now our text are sporadic and kind of bleh. He and his uncle also came down here briefly for Christmas to say thanks for a gift and we talked later how awkward we both felt, like fish in a bowl... So, I don't know what to think. I'm not really the "dating" type, but what am I doing wrong or is it me at all? He seems so back and forth. Is it normal that we have gone out 3 times in the 7 weeks?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 10:50 PM

Its called going slow, and that's not a bad thing, and if your not enjoying it, stop dating.

Let him call you, and keep your life balanced with other things besides him.

That way you aren't always so available, or eager ,and won't be tempted to invest so much emotion, until you know each other much, much better.

That's what dating is about, have fun getting to know each other and if it gets to be more of a hassle than its worth, stop dating him.

If he is the only one your dating, then be extra careful as you might be just wanting some attention or a good time and neither is something to build on.

You shouldn't be worried about anything after only a few dates, should you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search