Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joseracer Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Problem with dash on a 96' civic
    Hello Friends:

I just recently bought a 96 civic coupe and Im having a problem with the dashboard and center console lights. I took it to the repair shop and they told me they fixed it, but it came back after a week. They said that it was the fuse and a wire, but it's recurring at times, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Could someone point me in the right direction of which wires would be the culprits? Thanks
    Joseracer Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Bump
    MFFJM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseracer
    Hello Friends:

I just recently bought a 96 civic coupe and Im having a problem with the dashboard and center console lights. I took it to the repair shop and they told me they fixed it, but it came back after a week. They said that it was the fuse and a wire, but it's recurring at times, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Could someone point me in the right direction of which wires would be the culprits? Thanks
    I don't have an answer, but a similar problem. I recently purchased a 91 Honda Civic and gave it to my son. I then purchased a 93 Honda Civic to drive myself and eventually give to my daughter. Problem with BOTH vehicles is when it is cold outside, the running (tail) lights and dash lights won't light up until the car is warm. The colder it is the longer it takes. The brakes lights and blinkers (rear) still work, it is just the running lights and dash lights. I have seen it take a few seconds (55 F) to 2 minutes (25 F). It is common problem between both cars, and slightly more pronounced on the 91. Any help? Easy fixes? Any fixes? Thanks, Mike.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Civic weird problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Looking for some advice with my 2001 Civic 1.6 vtec manual. It starts and runs fine, but at low speeds (like when trying to just trickle along just off tickover in first gear), it doesn't run smooth but does this kind of rhythmic 'lurch'. Also (which may be connected) when you change...

Civic 2000 no dash lights and won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar problem in that I get no ignition light in the dash or any other lights(Air-bag, ABS and the key symbol etc) that used to come on when the key is turned to ignition, but other ignition dependent things like radio central locking work. Checked all the fuses both under the hood and...

Puzzling Civic problem [ 3 Answers ]

I own a 1997 Honda Civic LX. I think it's a 1.6 litre. Now, I'm no mechanic... but I do have an understanding as to how most parts work. This forum is my last resort, because I want to avoid pouring money into part after part without fixing the problem. The issue is rather unique. Specifically,...

93 civic ex problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 93 civic ex that stalls intermittently, you're going along and the car just dies. Trying to restart it fires and runs for about 2 seconds then dies again. You can hear the fuel pump running before starting. After a few tries it starts and I am on my way. It has happened while driving and...

'92 Civic electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

The battery light has started to come on - the battery has checked out good with 12.6 volts with engine off and when running the battery stays the same 12.6 volts. Am I looking at an alternator problem or something in wiring for this problem?

View more questions Search