Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eaglesflying Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Lighten Brown Hair
    My hair is dyed a light brown and I would like to lighten it to a blonde type. I haven't color it with the pernament for about 4 months now. My roots are showing now and my hair is a gray/pepper type color... so I don't know if dying it blonde would help making my natural hair kind of blend in with the blonde. When you look at pictures people claims my hair looks blonde so that's where I got the idea. Any help I thank you and God Bless:)
    ScarletSea Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Dec 27, 2008, 03:16 AM

Hiii. If your hairs quite light then you could get a very light blonde and after a couple of time, or even once, it will go a lighter blonde colour. Depends how light you want it. Very light you will have to bleach it first. I would just stick to dying it gradually.

=]

Dec 27, 2008, 11:36 AM
    [QUOTE=ScarletSea;1449372]Hiii. If your hairs quite light then you could get a very light blonde and after a couple of time, or even once, it will go a lighter blonde colour. Depends how light you want it. Very light you will have to bleach it first. I would just stick to dying it gradually.

I would dye it gradually I don't know how ? It's not just real light brown but it's not a medium brown either. Actually I don't what type of brown it is the top of my head is lighter I tried using peroxide but it only lighten it a very little. I guess I didn't leave it on long enough. I read some where to use equal peroxide and shampoo that's what I did. Thanks God Bless :)
    ScarletSea Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Dec 27, 2008, 02:39 PM

Hmmm... Yeah I heard about the bleach and shampoo thing... it didn't do much for me lol.
    You could buy a perminant home dye (would recommend nice 'n' easily, I always use it lol) like a light blonde and dye it and if it still isn't that different then dye it again in a couple of weeks the same colour and eventually it should go quite light...

=]

Dec 27, 2008, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletSea View Post
    Hmmm... Yeah I heard about the bleach and shampoo thing... it didnt do much for me lol.
    You could buy a perminant home dye (would recommend nice 'n' easily, I always use it lol) like a light blonde and dye it and if it still isnt that different then dye it again in a couple of weeks the same colour and eventually it should go quite light....

=]
    I'm going to try that because the gray is real light silvery gray some people said it was a pretty gray I don't see gray a pretty gray at all. LOL But everyone has there on opition. Thanks a bunch. God Bless :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do You Lighten Dark Brown Hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I had dyed my hair a black about a year ago, and my hair has kind of grown out and the ends have faded, so from the top of my head, I have my natural hair color, and that goes into the kind of faded black that is now a dark brown, and then last its back to where the black has faded completely and...

How can I lighten dyed black hair? Can I ever dye it light brown again? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I've read a couple of posts on this subject but I was wondering... I dyed my hair dark brown but it turned out blue-black. I rushed to the store and bought Color Oops! (it's supposed to reverse the dye and bring you back to your original hair color) and it lightened and I thought my...

How do I lighten my dark dark "brown" dyed hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my hair dyed 2 times before, and I tried to go for a lighter brown then my natural colour (medium brown) and each time it turned orange after a couple of weeks. Last night I went to get my hair dyed again, and I wanted a darker brown, so my hair would not turn orange. When my hair was...

Lighten brown spots from acne [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any cream or topical treatment to light brown spots from previous acne? Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm sort of new.

View more questions Search