Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honey_bee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Scared out of my wits
    This morning I woke up to my phone ringing. I answered and the man on the line told me he was from Cosmo magazine, and that he was doing a survey. It all sounded very business like, so I figured what the hell. The questions started with just "Do you read cosmo?" "How often?" "Do you enjoy it?" things like that. The normal questions that you'd expect from any survey. Then they got much more odd. "Do you consider yourself to be heavy, medium or thin" "Have you every had a boyfriend?". He even tried to tell me that AIDS could be passed through kissing. At the time I was half awake, and totally confused. The questions got creepier, but nothing was asked about where I live or anything like that. I figured it wasn't out of the ordinary because Cosmo writes about stuff like this all the time. After about 7 minutes of incredibly awkward questions he says "What would you think if I told you I was jacking off this whole time?". I hung up the phone as fast as I could and went to find my dad who tried to *69 the guy, but had no luck.
    I didn't give out my name or where I live, but the guy had my number, and I'm scared as hell, personally. He had told me the number came from a random generator and all he knew is that I lived in Northern California. But I know that's all bull and since he has my number he can find out exactly where I am. Can the phone company trace this call? I'm on the verge of tears.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Dec 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_bee View Post
    This morning I woke up to my phone ringing. I answered and the man on the line told me he was from Cosmo magazine, and that he was doing a survey. It all sounded very buisness like, so I figured what the hell. The questions started with just "Do you read cosmo?" "How often?" "Do you enjoy it?" things like that. The normal questions that you'd expect from any survey. Then they got much more odd. "Do you consider yourself to be heavy, medium or thin" "Have you every had a boyfriend?". He even tried to tell me that AIDS could be passed through kissing. At the time I was half awake, and totally confused. The questions got creepier, but nothing was asked about where I live or anything like that. I figured it wasn't out of the ordinary because Cosmo writes about stuff like this all the time. After about 7 minutes of incredibly awkward questions he says "What would you think if I told you I was jacking off this whole time?". I hung up the phone as fast as I could and went to find my dad who tried to *69 the guy, but had no luck.
    I didn't give out my name or where I live, but the guy had my number, and I'm scared as hell, personally. He had told me the number came from a random generator and all he knew is that I lived in Northern California. But I know that's all bull and since he has my number he can find out exactly where I am. Can the phone company trace this call? I'm on the verge of tears.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

My advise to you would be to report the call to your local police and also contact your telephone company and advise them about the call.

It sounds like this was a weird sick person calling you, it may be that they made up a phone number and called it to try there luck and they do not know you or anything about you.

The reason I advise you to contact the police and your phone company is that even if this person blocked there phone number from being shown on cli, it is still loaded and logged onto a computer system that can be traced if needed.

If the person calls you back just say your call is being taced by the police and hang the line up, I hope you feel better soon and you have no other contact with the freak that called you.
    ArnieH Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
    I've heard of this sort of thing before---just some pathetic pervert who is too afraid to confront a female in person. Report it to the phone company, and try to calm down.
    Best wishes :)
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Dec 26, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnieH View Post
    I've heard of this sort of thing before---just some pathetic pervert who is too afraid to confront a female in person. Report it to the phone company, and try to calm down.
    Best wishes :)
    Agree sounds like a perv to me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2008, 02:53 PM

Normally it is actally someone you know, but at times they are random, Part of the issue is you continued to talk after it started getting weird. But obscene calls are nothing new.
    Report it to the police, change your phone number and go on with life
    blue_st4r Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Dec 27, 2008, 01:34 AM

Hey, Firstly make sure you don't reveal your number on networks like Facebook, Myspace, etc.

Also if you call up your telecom provider and inform that this could be a sex offender Im pretty sure that they'd get of their lazy and try to investigate.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At wits end [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have an 11 yr old son who has learning disabilities. Though his father and I share custodial custody 50/50 and his dad is suppose to have 50/50 physical custody, over the past 11 years the time he has spent with his dad averages to 1% a year. His dad lives nearby, but married, has a 7 yr...

At the end of my wits [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a situation where I had adopted a child and now she has become uncontrollable.:confused: She has been with us for 9 yrs. And she has done every drug she can get her hands on and all the alcohol she can find as well. Do to our efforts to keep it all away. When she gets in trouble by one of...

At Wits End [ 18 Answers ]

We have an eight year old son, whom we adopted at age 15 months. He had health problems due to his inutero exposure, which I do not care to elaborate on. He never bonded with his caretakers up to those 15 months. He can be very pleasant, and 'people pleasing', however, he does not want to be told...

My wits end [ 1 Answers ]

Look I have all blood work done, nothing found, gallbladder was fine too.. I don't have my appendix... no ovaries... but sever right pain under breast and travels to middle of rib cage on my side... the doctors think I am crazy... have had this 3 months and it is making me suicidal oops misspelled...

I'm at my wits end here :( [ 5 Answers ]

I need Help. I could cry over this matter. I feel I have no way out currently. Here's my story. When I lived in UK for 6 years I had such a challenging well paid job. I was a mortgage consultant and I gained lots experience and also a boost to my personality. Anyway to cut a long story...

View more questions Search