Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barkley1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Cost of Divorce in Tennessee
    In consideration of my title here, does anyone have a clue what it costs for a mutual D in my state? My wife and I make about the same $... I don't know if that makes any difference. If the D is mutual, do the spouses get to set the terms of belongings and have the say whether allomony is not needed?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 16, 2006, 02:35 PM
    All I can tell you about divorce in Tenn is that if it is mutual and you agree to division of property there should be not problem, the problem lies when one spouse disagrees with the division of property. TN does not give alimony anymore. The only time alimony is given is when one spouse never worked and that spouse is really too old to get into the workforce, this is called displaced homemaker.

The cost would be the cost of each attorney as well as filing fees. Each countys filing fees are different as well as each attorney fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting an adult child in Tennessee [ 23 Answers ]

My son in 20 years old. He came home from college after getting kicked out for a GPA of under 1.0. He asked to come home for "3 weeks". This was May 4, 2006. The only room I had was my garage. I didn't want to make things too comfortable for him. He stays out half of the night drinking and...

Tennessee [ 2 Answers ]

We are planning a trip to Tennessee. Our three tentative travel points are: Gatlinburg, Knoxville and Nasville. Can you please tell me how long it is to drive from Gatlinburg to Knoxville and then from Knoxville to Nasville. Thank you very much. Darleen

How much would this cost? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Canada so the price might be different, but an estimate would be cool. The drain pipe underneath my plastic shower stall in downstairs bathroom is leaking. The only way to seal it is to basically remove the shower out, seal the pipe and then put the shower back in. How much would a...

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

View more questions Search