Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmorris520 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Insurance claims
    There is a doctor in my area who sees patients in one office but has his staff file insurance claims through a second office under a different provider number, as if they were seen at the second location. Is this a HIPAA violation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 04:38 PM

No, they are not releasing any information about you publicly

It may be a fraud against the insurance company if the doctor is not contracted. Are they using another doctors code numbers, or just the other offices address for billing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Does filing too many claims increase my auto insurance premiums [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently rear ended by somebody. I had stopped at a traffic light and the person behind me didn't stop in time and hit my van. The estimate to fix it is $700 however my agent tells me that it's not a good idea to file too many claims with my inurance company as that might increase my...

Insurance claims rep. Accessing info. Without permission [ 1 Answers ]

To whom it may concern: I live in Ohio. I was struck by another motorist (who admitted guilt). The claims rep. from his insurance company accessed my information from the hospitals automated phone system using my personal info. (soc. sec. num. d.o.b. etc.) without my permission. I was...

Details health insurance claims share with HR [ 9 Answers ]

Hello - I was recently in an accident were I needed to be sent to a trauma center at a hospital to get better. Luckily I got out in one day, and I used my health insurance through work for the bill. During my hospital visit they let me know that I tested positive for marijuana, which was a...

View more questions Search