Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbadd Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Toilet troubles
    Hi there
    Having troubles still with toilet flushing.ive changed the tank. Water level is good in the tank but toilet flushes slow... its like there is not enough pressure of force to flush water out. I've also noticed that there was a rough noise when flushed before and now there is not since I've replaced the tank. I used a wax seal with the small pipe on it. Can that be put under toilet wrong way or is it possible for wax to move blocking pipe?
    Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 15, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Hey Big, Didn't I run across you in Sex in the City?

You ask, " i used a wax seal with the small pipe on it. can that be put under toilet wrong way or is it possible for wax to move blocking pipe ??"
    Yes it's possible, read on, In my capacity as shop trouble shooter I began to run into a slew of complaints on our new construction that were just like yours. I knew they all couldn't be " bad toilets" so I went looking for the cause. I found that when installing the new bowl that the wax ring had been forced out into the discharge pipe and blocking the free flow of water. When the water hit it a backpressure was set up preventing the siphon that makes a good flush and the solids just swirled around while the water went slowly down. I had to set up meeting with our plumbers and show them the problem and how to fix it. When you set the bowl, put the wax seal down on the flat side to the closet flange. Then take your hands and bevel the wax seal outward so that when you set a bowl on it the wax is forced out instead of in blocking the flush. The customer complaints stopped and I had less work to do. Try molding the wax seal so it doesn't choke down on the flush.
    The only "hitch" is that to check it out you'll have to pull the toilet and check. Let me know w3hat you flnd. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Raccoon Troubles [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, One of my hay-loft cats just had kittens yesterday. I was in the loft last night and noticed two very large raccoons. Do Raccoons eat kittens? I don't want my new babies hurt, but the mom has them so well hidden I can't find them! The may be in the insulation, but I'm not sure!

Rat Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All! I live in a condominium village where all the units are connected. The units are individually owned and my mother and I live in two separate units side by side. Today my dogs discovered rats inside the under belly of my electric grill. The grill has been covered with a black grill...

Toilet troubles [ 5 Answers ]

You need to forgive me I am not am not sure what all the parts of the toilet are called so I hope I can explain this well. The other day I noticed my toilet was making a hissing noise constantly. I took the lid off the tank and noticed it is coming from the fill valve area. I noticed there is a...

MSN troubles [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I've been using the same hotmail account for almost 2 years now and it's worked flawlessly up until now. I tried logging into MSN yesterday and it tells me "Signing into MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Now I've read a few...

Troubles: [ 2 Answers ]

Why do troubles and trials exist in this world? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search