Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarathy123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 09:29 PM
    L2 - H1B Immigration Query
    I am on L1B. I want to apply for H1B for my spouse who will be on L2 Visa.
    Q1. If he gets his H1B sponsored by an employer, Will his L2 Visa still be valid?
    Q2. In this case if his L2 Visa becomes invalid when he gets his H1B approved,
    And later if his employer cancels his H1B or in any case if his H1 is cancelled,
    At that time if my L1B is valid, then can he apply for L2 again from with in USA or he has to go back to India to apply for this?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 10:41 PM

He can file for change of status from H-1 to L-2 90 days before H-1 expires (only when your L-1 is still valid). Both are consular processed visas, so it's best to apply at the consulate. You may apply in US but if leaves the country, he has to get visa stamped in order to return anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Immigration query [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam Iam an Occupational Therapist from Mumbai,India, Graduated in January 2004. Iam interested in pursuing a career in Australia. I have got my qualificationsa assessed from the Relevant board with a positive response. I am planning to apply for visa in the general...

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

View more questions Search