Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clipse25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 08:06 AM
    When using the shower in my bath faucet still has hot water coming from it?
    When I turn on my shower in my bathroom the shower turns on but the faucet below is still pouring out hot water. The way you turn on the shower in this room uses the knob that you turn between the cold and hot water.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 10:21 AM

Your diverter is not closing completely so the hot water is being split rather than diverted. Model, brand and/or a picture would help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

Hot water barely coming out of shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I need help. We have a shower and it is a one lever shower faucet. When I turn on the cold water comes out fine but when I turn it to hot the water is barely a trickle does not come out. I also have sink in the bathroom and the hot water is working fine. How do I get the fixture off - there...

Water coming out of shower head when filling bath tub? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a new Shower head, Diverter, and tub spout w/ diverter. When filling the tub shower head also sprays water. I removed the tub spout and turn the water on and the problem went away. I figured something was wrong with the tub spout, so I tried a different one and still had the...

Shower/bath faucet water comes out of both [ 2 Answers ]

In the process of redoing our bathroom. We put in a brand new bath/shower faucet. When we turn on the water it comes out of both the shower head and the bath spout. It is a single handle model. This is the 3rd model and 2nd brand of faucet we have tried and all do the same. Can any one help...

Hot water coming out of shower faucet by itself [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up to hot water running in my bathroom tub. Turning the faucet on and off did nothing to stop it. It was not running "full blast" but was a steady stream. The only way to stop it was to turn off the hot water tank. What would cause this? A malfunction in the faucet or is something else...

View more questions Search