Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ihavefaith Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Hard water
    i just move in a area that has hard water(dont make soap soads and leave scum around the tub)....what can i do about this problem? I was told to get an water softner system from walmart but i live in a apartment and dont think i have any access to pipes that is needed to hook the system up...can someone please give me a solution to my problem!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 05:58 PM

You can use a very cheap solution in you bath water called Epsom Salts bought from a drug store in a bag. Add about 2 cups in bath water. It will soften the water and you won't have soap scum and will actually make your skin feel really great.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 08:19 PM

If your Google around you can find attachments for showers and facuets that suppposedly make soft water right at the spout. Scroll down to the 2nd and 3rd products here. Shower Filters - Showerheads, Massage Showerhead

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Guidance on the Easy Water Product for treating hard water? [ 13 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any insight into the EASY WATER solution for treating hard water? It appears to be a simple to implement solution, but does it really work as advertised? I have well water service... coming into the house through PVC pipes into a collection tank and then copper pipes...

Hard Water Shower not used for a while now no hot water [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... We have guests that are going to be using the shower that has not been used for several months. Now that we want to use it the hot water is not coming out. I heard it is due to hard water in our area. I have taken off the fosset handle that directs the hot and cold water. There was a...

Hard water buildup and low water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I live in a mobile home and have hard water buildup in my water lines. We have very Low water pressure (mostly cold). How do we flush out the water lines?

Hard Water [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I live in the northeast and may be dealing with hard water/ calcifications in our well water. I was wondering if there were any ways of treating our water besides using a softener. It seems like a lot of people are not happy w/ their softeners. I plan on buying a kit to test our...

View more questions Search