Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tellmemore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 10:14 PM
    Stimulus Packages
    The stimulus package is geared at assisting the masses through a form of tax break. My question is how does this help people when they owe the IRS and the incentive is acknowledged (the persons qualify for the incentive) but the IRS does not give the person the incentive? Instead it applies that money to the amounts owed to them. How is this benefiting the people again?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 10:28 PM

For one thing it will credit toward what he owes so that
    For example say he owes $1,400. And what he would receive this tax year is say $450. The IRS takes the $450. Then he only owes $950. Which may not sound like much of a consolation prize in black and white but owing the IRS less in the long run is well worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Separate compressed blown insulation packages [ 8 Answers ]

I am insulating my attic with blown cellulose. I don't wan't to rent the machine, so to save money, I will spread it by hand. Any ideas on how to separate the compressed packages? Thank you Luc

Wage earner has SSN but spouse has ITIN.Stimulus or No Stimulus? [ 1 Answers ]

According to eligablity requirements from the IRS, I as the wage earner who has a valid SSN and 5 children also whm have a valid SSN should be eligible for a Stimulus Payment. However, I filed "Married Joint" and my husband who has only an ITIN was on my return as the secondary. I have only been...

Putt Putt birthday packages? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone happen to know the prices and differences in the birthday/party packages at Putt-Putt? Their website is useless and it'd help me to not have to make an extra trip out there. Thanks!

View more questions Search