Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JungleDoll Posts: 15, Reputation: -3

Dec 15, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Do I Have An Eating Disorder?
    Im 14, and I used to weigh 110 but now weigh 107 (Over weight?), I sometimes only eat dinner for a day, which means I skip breakfast and don't eat lunch, eatting lunch just isn't my thing, in elem or high. I haven't had my period for 3 months until 3 days ago (stress? Ive stopped today tho). And I don't go shoving my fingers up my throat or anything. My friends say I'm not fat but I just feel so fat! >< I have such fat flobby thighs, and yes I have tried doing excirses n all (for 4 months) it didn't work. Im starting to eat breakfast (started like a week ago) but Im afraid of gaining weight, I know you should be eatting in the morning and not in the afternoon but I also usually rush in the mornings (I don't sleep very well). I usually feel dizzy but Ive been feeling SUPER dizzy lately, after some running or jumping or laying down and getting up, Im a naturally hyper (and I mean HYPER) child but after 3-7 minutes of hyperness I get dizzy and crash (This happens throughout the day around 4-12 times). My body doesn't look anorexic, (although you can see my ribs n all which is normal) I have chubbish cheeks, n fat thighs. Ive also been feeling sick (Maybe I am,cold or something?), some random points of the day I feel like throwing up and don't feel well. And most days when I am hungry and want food I go to my fridge and look for food but when ever I imagine eatting it I feel as if Im going to throw up, I vist the fridge like 10 times but always walk away feeling sick ><. Would this be an eatting disorder or something else? Or is this normal?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 08:02 PM

You need to eat breakfast that is very important.
    You could be anemic (low iron)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 08:04 PM

If you're not eating very much you're slowly shutting down your metabolism. If I were you, if you're rushing around in the morning you should get those carnation instant breakfast packets or something, something quick if you can. Those you just mix with milk and they actually taste pretty good. Try to eat lunch. Bring a sandwich and some kind of fruit or something. I don't know if you have an eating disorder or not, but maybe you should talk to someone about this. You're probably getting dizzy though because you haven't been getting enough nutrients. It's always important to eat right, but especially at a young age when your body is growing.
    skittlefrittle Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jan 4, 2009, 04:28 PM

this could definitely be an eating disorder, I went through something similar.

I know its tough to get back into eating normally, it'll take a while!

first off try to just eat small things throughout the day. If you don't like eating big things because it seems fattning, try just getting some cereal like wheat squares and putting it in a coffe mug and eating that. It'll give you some carbs and iron to help with the period and dizziness and its healthy too. Try eating some fruit throughout the day too. There are tons of foods out there that are healthy and you won't feel bad about it, and you won't gain fat.

if u deprive yourself, your body burns fat, then it goes for the muscle. If your working out that's great! Keep it up but take it down to 3X a week. This will make sure u gain muscle, not fat, and look fabulous. Do some weights. Its good for your heart.

so..
    1. small meals throughout the day
    2. weights and 3x a day workouts (take it easy!)
    3. get nutritious foods (fruits, veggies, meats, etc)

and if you are feeling dizzy still, you should take vitamin supplements to help out.

but if this all doesn't help, see a doc!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating disorder H-E-L-P [ 5 Answers ]

I am not comforatble with the way I look, I don't feel good about myself, I am a pretty girl in the face, and I have great hair, its just my body... I almost have an eating disorder, I need a lot of help. I take a large junours size and I'm very upset. I've tried perging twice... it hasn't worked....

Do I have an eating disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

For the past few weeks or so, I haven't been eating as much as before. I only eat 1 or 2 meals a day, but I have snacks. My moms concerned that I'm becoming anorexic, and I'm not sure if I am. I'm not obsessed with food, or my weight, its more like food is an inconvenience to me. Is this an eating...

Eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have one or not, but I keep taking self tests online and they say I'm something like "high risk" not really sure what that means but anyway. I just had a baby and before I had her I weighed 135 and while I was pregnant I went up to 168 now I'm at 145 and I feel huge! I can't help...

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

Im unsure of what to do anymore. Just over a year ago I lost a lot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. A lot of things happened, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close...

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

I have recently felt really fat. I checked my BMI and it says I'm really low normal but I feel huge. I have a really low self esteem I think but its only when I'm by myself when I'm with friends I'm fine! I often try to make myself sick I have also chosen about two months ago to restrict my diet...

View more questions Search