Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Anyone familier with .iso files
    I have been all over the internet to many different forum sites to find the best program to allow me to virtually mount ISO movie files to a Virtual HD so I can watch the ISO movies right from my PC without burning the image to a disc. I'm relativiley new to this whole .TORRENT and .ISO thing so any help would be appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 15, 2008, 09:09 AM

What movies are these? Since almost all movies are under copyright protections it sounds like you are pirating copyrighted material.
    Networking Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Scottgem, if you're worried about pirating you're on the wrong forum buddy. You're in the wrong career field if pirating movies scare you! Next time answer the question or don't write anything, you're wasteing my time.

I would greatly appreciate the spareing of the mentor lecture! I don't need advice on pirating, I've been around the block, I know the rules and I'm willing to play the game!

Thanks Anyway scott
    theecho Posts: 59, Reputation: 9

Dec 15, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Scott is very well known on this forum and I doubt you will continue to get responses if you treat members that way. And on another note the reason why scott was asking is that pirating is not supported on this forum in any way,shape, or form, so if he were to answer your question about a pirated .iso then he would be breaking the rules himself.

Dec 15, 2008, 09:54 AM
    No YOU are in the wrong forum. This site does not and will not condone illegal activities. This is specifically stated in the TOS.

As a software developer any piracy scares me. And your cavalier attitude to what is stealing is a sad reflection on you.
    Networking Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 01:24 PM
    First-off I would like to apologize to Scott, my attitude in my response in no way reflects my personality. I would like to explain myself.

I have personally read a bulletin posted by you Scott, in which you explained to a young man going over to IRAQ, how to view ISO movie files directly from his laptop. I simply could not find the forum anymore thus resulting in my question "what software is out there?" I simply did this in hopes of a similar response to that of which you gave the young soldier. For you to respond to me with a hipacratical response, completely different then that of your previous response upset me, which I want to apologize for.

I realize you're the top expert in computers and your expertise far surpasses that of my own, I simply assummed you would give me the same link as you did the young gentelman going to IRAQ.

As far as the pirating it's hard to assume anyone in computers hasn't did it in some way, shape or form, even you Scott. I could be wrong and like I said I want to apologize for my "cavelier" attitude.

In closing I would like to announce that this will not effect my activity on this forum and hope to hold conversations with all involved in the future!

Thank You

Dec 15, 2008, 01:42 PM

I have never copied copyrighted material I was not legally entitled to copy.

I don't recall the thread you refer to but if I did answer as indicated, it was not clear that the poster was pirating the movies. Just as I gave you the benefit of the doubt by asking the question first.

As for the 'tude, apology accepted.
    Networking Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Thank You for accepting my apology, the last thing I want to do is get into a verbal argument, especially when I am on the short end of the stick.I will refer to legal scenarios and situations when responding or asking any further questions. Thanks Again!
    Reuben_El_Popo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 11:41 PM

Scott, I may be new to this forum, but mounting an .ISO is a legitimate question. Admittedly, ISOs of movies are generally pirated, but I've run into ISOs of the legal variety many times, and see no reason why we should assume that ITstudent is engaging in nefarious activities.

In truth, ISOs by nature are designed to be run off a disk, and mounting them to virtual drives will nine times out of ten result in sub-optimal performance. Your best bet is to download an ISO burner (legal software) and buy yourself a cheap CD/DVD burner. It'll save you much frustration in the future.

Feb 17, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben_El_Popo View Post
    Scott, I may be new to this forum, but mounting an .ISO is a legitamate question. Admittedly, ISOs of movies are generally pirated, but I've run into ISOs of the legal variety many times, and see no reason why we should assume that ITstudent is engaging in nefarious activities.

In truth, ISOs by nature are designed to be run off a disk, and mounting them to virtual drives will nine times out of ten result in sub-optimal performance. Your best bet is to download an ISO burner (legal software) and buy yourself a cheap CD/DVD burner. It'll save you much frustration in the future.
    Mounting an ISO is certainly a legitimate question. But the original question, specified the ISO was a movie. Since almost all movies are under copyright, I asked the question, giving him a chance to explain. His response was to attack, for which he has since apologized for. I suggest you read the whole thread before posting a comment that was, essentially, moot.
    Reuben_El_Popo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 08:12 AM

Ah, sorry Scott.
    Probably shouldn't be posting at midnight.
    Networking Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 08:18 PM

Wow a blast from th epast this thread was from months ago. But yeah Scott was right it was pirating I was talking about but this has been taken care of in which there's no point to attack anyone or defend me.

Also maybe look at the thread date before starting it up again, this was finished and history but was brought up again!

Thanks anyway!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Convert .m4a files to .mp3 files? [ 2 Answers ]

I have my whole music library on iTunes version 7, which creates the songs into m4a files. How can I convert those files without buying software to mp3s to play on other devices? Thanks!

Convert garmin files to esri .shp files [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a file conversion utility to conver garmin track/ waypoint files to ESRI .shp files or ESRI .shp to Garmin format

Zip files [ 13 Answers ]

Jeez I am a moron, I went to unzip a folder and accidentally hit "open with" and now I chose the wrong program for zip files and have no idea how to turn them back into zip files with the original zip icon folder... now they appear as the icon of whatever program I changed them to and I am...

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search