Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robert petersen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Buying s-4 property
    My name is Robert. I'd like to know about how I can find and read up on buying s-4 delinquent tax property. I read about it a long time ago & now I can't find it online again. Can you help me find the website for s-4 land sales list etc?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2008, 08:13 PM

In most US states, delinquent tax property is sold at auction once or twice a year at the county court house in each county.

You will have to contact the tax office in each county you are interested in for the time and date of their sale.

In some states you get the deed at time of sale, in other states you merely get a tax certificate that you have to hold for a number of years before you can get ownership of it.

So the county court house and its web site will give you the info you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a property in the US [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from hong kong and not a US resident but I recently develop interests in purchasing a property in the US and have it rented out as investment, I can probably purchase via 2 ways: (1) purchasing under my name - would like to check what taxes will I be subject to, will I incur withholding...

Buying property cheap [ 4 Answers ]

how to buy property for less than valued?

Buying property for back-taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

foreclosure. last sale = sheriff's transfer deed. property is currently on the market, listed in the MLS. Broker /real estate agent represented, though classified as REO. fannie mae is listed as the current deed holder. property taxes are in arrears since last half of 2007, making in 9+...

Co-buying property [ 5 Answers ]

What is the safest way to co-buy a property were going to flip? The house needs to be remodeled first. Both of us have great credit and income to afford the debt. We can pay cash for the property, but are concerned about running short on the remodel. My concern is how to best title the...

Buying the property you are renting [ 3 Answers ]

If you are renting a property, and before the lease is up you buy the property from the owner, when does the owner have to return to security deposit? (At closing or does he have 30 days)

View more questions Search