Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amaraya Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 02:46 PM
    French men
    I have a french boyfriend. He is very sweet and caring. Although I know there is no way to generalize people by nationality, but I'm curious because a good friend has said that french men move very fast and serious. My boyfriend is in love and wants to give up a job in another country to stay near me. I am a romantic and so I am moving faster with hm than with others because he seems so sure and loving. I just heard this from a friend and it makes me curious if this can be the way that he is accustomed to be, or if it may just be what we have.silly, I know but I am curious!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraya View Post
    i have a french boyfriend. he is very sweet and caring. although i know there is no way to generalize people by nationality, but i'm curious b/c a good friend has said that french men move very fast and serious. my bf is in love and wants to give up a job in another country to stay near me. i am a romantic and so i am moving faster with hm than with others b/c he seems so sure and loving. i just heard this from a friend and it makes me curious if this can be the way that he is accustomed to be, or if it may just be what we have.silly, i know but i am curious!

You're right - you can't generalize people.

Dec 12, 2008, 02:57 PM

no, you can't. But different cultures have different norms and codes for how people create and value relationships, don't they?
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
    no, you can't. but different cultures have different norms and codes for how people create and value relationships, don't they?

Yes, but I don't see that to be the case here - also how "they" treat "their" women is often part of a culture.

This sounds like 1 man who is crazy about you and wants to be with you.

My husband asked me to marry him the first night we met. Needless to say, I thought he was crazy. We did marry some 6 or 7 weeks later. Everybody thought we were both crazy.

It worked - but it wasn't a cultural thing.

Dec 12, 2008, 03:08 PM

Well I know but of course when it is the case such as this one wonders! But your story is very helpful, and romantic. A different case for me slightly because I have a young child and this is so new. But along the lines of differences b/twn cultures (perhaps) he was not even phased by the fact that I had a small child, whereas many men from here are immediately put off- which is fine! I just wondered if perhaps culturally, the french were more accepting of love, life and the like with out the game playing and shame that american men feel.

Thanks a bunch for your answer, it helped!
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
    well i know but of course when it is the case such as this one wonders! but your story is very helpful, and romantic. a different case for me slightly b/c i have a young child and this is so new. but along the lines of differences b/twn cultures (perhaps) he was not even phased by the fact that i had a small child, whereas many men from here are immediately put off- which is fine! i just wondered if perhaps culturally, the french were more accepting of love, life and the like with out the game playing and shame that american men feel.

thanks a bunch for your answer, it helped!

Hope it works out for you - a little romance never hurt anybody!

(And maybe he's a man who truly, truly loves you and he just happens to be French!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US born, French Father, want dual French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If anyone can assist me. I am US born with a French father. I have called the French Consulate in Los Angeles (my closest one) and they weren't helpful at all. In fact, I was treated poorly. I am trying to find out the steps necessary in order to obtain dual US/French citizenship. My...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search