Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Can I have sexual intercourse with my partner, suffering from Polycystic ovaries
    Hi,
    My name is Sarah. I'm 22 yrs of age, recently I hve been daignosed to have Bilateral Polycystic Ovarian Disease. I have been prescribed some medication from my gynac for the same \. But I want to know if I can still continue having Sexual intercourse with my partner in this condition. I am not thinking of being pregnant at this stage. So would it be OK... n Will it not harm me in any case further or not.
    Please revert asap.
    Reply awaited.
    Thank You
    Regards,
    Sarah...
    Premier666 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2008, 12:15 PM

Why ask us, ask your Doctor.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 01:04 PM

Yes, you can continue to have sex with PCOS... it is farily common actually and one of the more likely reasons for some couples to have trouble getting pregnant. It does not mean pregnancy is impossible however, so use birth control if you are not wanting to become pregnant at this time.
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 16, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_411 View Post
    hi,
    My name is Sarah. i'm 22 yrs of age, recently i hve been daignosed to have Bilateral Polycystic Ovarian Disease. I ahve been prescribed some medication from my gynac for the same \. But i want to know if i can still continue having Sexual intercourse with my partner in this condition. I am not thinking of being pregnant at this stage. so would it be ok.... n Will it not harm me in any case further or not.
    Please revert asap.
    Reply awaited.
    Thank You
    Regards,
    Sarah....

Of course you can keep having intercourse with your partner! There are several ways to deal with PCOS, you don't have to want to get pregnant to resolve it. There are some websites that I really like because they provide so much information, and many options: www.pcosupport.org for the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association, and also www.pcos.insulitelabs.com.

Good luck.

Dr April

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexual intercourse [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend claims that during intercourse my vigna feels different, can this happen?

Sexual intercourse [ 9 Answers ]

Why does my boyfreind not like sex?:confused:

How difficult is it to conceive when you have polycystic ovaries? [ 3 Answers ]

I have found out I have polycystic ovaries after trying for a couple of years. Now I have found out what is wrong with me is it easy to solve my problems of not concieving? And how positive are the outcomes?

View more questions Search