Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help_with_eng Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 11:23 PM
    Query regarding english language usage
    Kindly tell me if the following sentences are okay?

1) The company did very well in the market beacause it had the government back up

2) A new performance appraisal system was incorporated in the company. It was an effectiive system. But no training was given to employees.

3) In life it is not always possible to attain desired results.

Eagerly awaiting your kind reply,
    Thanks.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jul 8, 2006, 12:14 AM
    I'd change a few things abit but not bad

1) The company did very well in the market beacause it had the government back up

(rev.)As a result of getting the government back up and running,the company did very well in the market.

2) A new performance appraisal system was incorporated in the company. It was an effectiive system. But no training was given to employees.

(rev.)A new and effective performance appraisal system was incorporated into the company.No employees were given any training on how to use it.

3) In life it is not always possible to attain desired results.

(rev.)In life,attaining desired results are not always possible.

Those are just 1 way to rewrite those sentences... there are many more... but this is my take on them...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English As a Second Language [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for samples of grading policies for students in our English as a Second Language program. We are in the process of refining our policy. Our new policy must be informative to parents, sharing good information. It has to be realistic for the expectations of students at various...

English as a second language [ 9 Answers ]

I"d like to know the difference between the wordas "null", "zero", "nill", "nought"

English as a second language [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I would like to know if it´s right to say football course or football pitch or if both of them are correct. On the other hand, Do you say volleyball course and basketball course. Is this correct? Thanks.

Help required on English Usage of Shall/Will [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Would like to know whether the usage of the following is correct or not. Situation: When your friend is doing some work and you would like to help him. Can we use "Will I?" in the above situation. Please. Let me know what best can be used in such situations.

Query regarding english language usage [ 2 Answers ]

Kindly tell me if the following sentences are okay? 1) The company did very well in the market beacause it had the government back up 2) A new performance appraisal system was incorporated in the company. It was an effectiive system. But no training was given to employees. 3) In life it...

View more questions Search