Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrig22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Cancel Contract
    A week before we were to close, our real estate agent tells us that we need to purchase flood insurance and our lender requires it. When we signed all the loan documents and the contract, it was not disclosed that we needed it. Our lender ordered an elevation survey and its on a high risk flooding area. Can we cancel the contract?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 02:41 PM

I think you should be able to cancel but I am not a real estate expert.
    Didn't the seller's disclosure indicate that the property was in a flood plain? The lender has changed the conditions of the loan and that should be grounds for cancellation because you no longer have financing.
    In all likelihood, the lender knew the property was in a flood plain, from day 1.
    Just my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mutual agreement to cancel contract for deed [ 1 Answers ]

My niece has decided to cancel our contract for deed on a house she was buying from me. I agree that this decision is best for her at this time. How can we cancel the contract for deed without hiring lawyers since we both already agree on the terms? What paperwork do I need to give the county...

Cancel used car sale contract [ 2 Answers ]

I have bought a car from used car dealership. We could hardly make at home. The car does not run now. Could I cancel sale contract and return the car? Thank you

I got a used car in PA how long to I have to cancel the contract [ 7 Answers ]

I got a used car today and it drives with the wheel pulling to the right and the locks get stuck .How long do I have to cancel the contract I purchased a car yesterday . I drove the car and it is pulling to the right and the locks keep getting jamed . I also looked over my contract and realized...

Cancel a rent contract [ 2 Answers ]

I’m buying a house, very good deal, I can miss, but I still rent a house, can I cancel the contract just because I am buying my own house.

View more questions Search