Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Dec 11, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Hot Water Savings
    Can any one tell me what kind of savings I could get from choosing either gas or electric to heat water? We are doing new construction and don't know which to do, we just want the most efficient way to go...

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 11, 2008, 11:02 AM
    You will have to do a cost based analysis for each type and pick the overall cheaper unit in both cost and usage. Check with your local utility since there is no way I can calculate a actual price for you since the incoming water temperature, number of uses per day, electric and gas cost all vary from area to area.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Dec 11, 2008, 11:03 AM

What are your per therm and KWH prices, including taxes?
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 11, 2008, 04:49 PM

Since it is new construction have you given any thought to a tank-less water heater? I had my doubts about them at first but I took a manufacturer specific install class and the theory just makes more sense to me. Heat the water you use instead of firing countless times a day to maintain the temp of a tank. Just something to think about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas savings gizmo [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, on the radio, spam on the internet I see all sorts of additives, magnets and other items. But to the point, I was listening to the radio today and they were talking and talking about these devices that would use water to turn into something that would greatly increase your miles per...

Pre-tax Savings [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate how much I will save by using pre-tax deductions for health care expenses?

Stats on savings [ 1 Answers ]

Dear everyone, I am curious on how much avg. americans are saving in bank by age,racial group.( I know that americans have a negative rate on savings, but I am talking about the age group and racial differences) Is there any stats for that topic? The only thing I have found is this... but...

Savings? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and hope to get some replies. I'm thinking of buying a co-op in NY city. I make about 1000 a week and pay 1000 a mo. In rent, my share, Anyway, what would the cost savings be if any should I buy this apt. The mortgage would be about 1600 a mo. Plus 1000 for fees and taxes...

View more questions Search