Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Indoor/outdoor Christmas lights
    Is it safe to have indoor/outdoor Christmas lights turned on outside when it's raining?

They are plugged into an outdoor extension cord ~ which is plugged into a timer ~ which is plugged into an outdoor outlet.

Thanks!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 03:20 PM

Yes, it is safe for the lights to be on. However all of the other devices hooked up to the circuit need to be rated or listed for outside conditions.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 04:01 PM
    As long as the outdoor outlet is GFI protected.Could be a GFI receptacle, you will see a test and reset button, or could be a GFI circuit breaker, which will also have a test button.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor or Indoor Cat? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is about 10 weeks old now and currently an outdoor cat. I brought her inside and she did great with her litter box. One problem I am facing currently is that I will have to transfer her to my home in California. I am currently visiting Indiana where she was born from a cat my...

Outdoor water fountain and christmas decoration not working [ 2 Answers ]

Out Door Fountain And Christmas Decoration Plugged In To Same Outlet With A Gfi, After Last Night Freezeing Temp Of 30 Degrees We Live In Clovis, Ca, Central Californnia, Near Fresno, My Husband Looked At All Gfi, In Our Home, Home Is 8 Years Old, 6gfi In Home, The Outside Outlet Is For...

Outdoor christmas lights [ 10 Answers ]

How many strands of christmas lights can you put together without blowing fuse on lights?

Outdoor Cat turned Indoor and having Problems [ 6 Answers ]

We recently sold our house and have moved into a condo. Our mostly outdoor cat has become strictly indoor. She doesn't use her litter box at all. She keeps going on our bath mats. She has never gone indoors before and my husband and I have become frustrated. I understand that moving may have been...

View more questions Search