Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cynelder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 10:04 PM
    IRS seizing 401k?
    Can the IRS seize my sister's 401k to satisfy her husband's business tax lien?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 12:23 AM

Yes, if they file joint tax return. File Form 8857 to request relief under Innocent spouse, Separation of liability or Equitable relief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seizing personal assets [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Pa and have just been served a notice that I am being sued by a collection co for a credit card charge off. I own no real estate. If I lose, can the court seize my personal items, TV furniture etc and sell them and sell them at a sheriff sale? I have no job either thank you

Garnishing wages/seizing property. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My husband received a summons to appear in court for a long overdue credit card bill from Household Bank that went to a collection agency. We have been researching online about what they can do to collect on the account, and we aren't having much luck. I understand that by Florida law if he is...

Freezing & Seizing Assets [ 4 Answers ]

I have a court judgment in the amount of approx. $40,000 plus interest against a man now living in Las Vegas, NV. The judgment occurred in South Dakota, and has been filed with legal authorities in both states. He has made no effort to pay this judgment, even though he frquently plays in poker...

Screenplay - Seizing property [ 2 Answers ]

I need some guidance on this for my screenplay. Thanks for reading and if anyone can help, great. Here's the situation: My character, a police detective, believes that an antiques dealer is trafficking in stolen property. He is able to confirm that this is in fact the case. There are some...

View more questions Search