Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessedmomof3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Was I wrongfully terminated?
    My husband was working at a job for 5 years before he was terminated... for calling a black man " a nice colored fella" it was considered a racial slur... My question is... What can he do about it? He has been out of a job since January 2008, and times are getting really rough now... He talked to someone today who told him he could fight it... But how?:mad:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 12:58 PM

Most states are at will employment. They can fire you for any reason they want. If he fights it he won't win anyway.
    At-will employment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 04:17 PM

Did the person complain and file a complaint with the company.

And to be honest why in heavens name did he call him that. That is considered inproper in today's socity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongfully terminated [ 20 Answers ]

I am writing to you in hopes that you might be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction to get some help. I am a single mother of 5 very beautiful and intelligent children. A little over two years ago, the state of Michigan took my children from me. Without warning or cause...

I believe I was wrongfully terminated [ 2 Answers ]

I worked for this company for 4 months and I was never written up or verbally warned until one day I was told that she didn't believe I was capable of doing my job and that I didn't want to be there. I was never told that I was let go or fired, I just asked if I am finishing out my schedule the...

Got wrongfully terminated can I do anything? [ 7 Answers ]

I had been working at a company almost a year, after seven months I was promoted one week after that my immediate supervisor was terminated. They never replaced my boss (they were "trying") so I was all alone with no one to train me I literately had to learn on my own, I worked at a high end car...

I think I am being wrongfully evicted [ 7 Answers ]

Hello my fiancée and I have lived in our apartment for 2 years when we moved in we notified our landlord that the wooden steps are very slippery due to moss well on halloween this year she fell down them while pregnant she notified him same day as fall and proceeded to hospital after months of doc...

View more questions Search