Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Dec 8, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Housing social service?
    My girlfriend is currently going to a beauty school and does not own her own vehicle. She managed to get an affordable place down the street, which is very hard this day in age. Her grandmother helps pay the rent as she does not have a job right now.

Unfortunately this place is crap. The bathroom has been under construction for some time now and the thermostat is locked up. The place is freezing. The set up is pretty much a bunch of one rooms. Everyone shares the kitchen and bathroom. I would like to see her get out of there... but times are hard and it is the best she can do.

Is their some sort of housing service I can call that can inspect the place? I just want to make sure the landlord is doing a bit of a better job. This is Mass. By the way. Since it is a commonwealth, laws and services are a bit different than the rest of the states. Any insight would be good.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 07:00 PM

You can call HUD or the utility companies and ask about weatherization programs. They came and inspected my neighbors house and gave her a new refrigerator and replaced her thermostat.

Here is a web search that might help
    weatherization programs mass - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service entrance cable size for 100 amp and 200 amp service. [ 16 Answers ]

I would like to know what size aluminum sec I would need for 100 or 200 amp service

Change 100AMP service to 200AMP service? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the steps need to change from 100 AMP service to 200AMP service?

Upgrading from 100amp service to 200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 model double wide home, and would like to change my 100 amp service to 200 amp service. ( I want to go to electric heat) I have a disconnect at the house after the meter and it say 200amp. Is the wiring from there to my breaker box able to handle 200 amp service, and if not how do I...

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

View more questions Search