Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John in New Len Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Sump pump parts (Pit Viper)
    Need parts for a PIT VIPER sump pump by ACE. The pump works great but the float is half filled with water and does not turn the unit on or off! I currently have a make shift styrofoam float attached but need a replacement float from the company "Pit Viper". Are they still in business and can barts be found, or will I have to make a more permanent and reliable float myself.

Thanks folks...

First timer here and we'll see how it works.

Best to all and to all a Merry CHRISTMAS...

John :-J
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 8, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Hi John:

Drill a hole in the float and then plug the hole with a plastic epoxy or a plastic screw that is larger than the hole.

Otherwise, make your own float as my search for pit viper parts turned up nothing except complete pump systems. They are in business, it appears, but no luck finding them. You could always call ACE hardware and speak to a manager and see if they can run down parts for you.

Happy holidays!

MARK
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 11:25 AM

Looks like Liberty Pumps owns the brand Pit Viper.

Pumping products from Liberty Pumps

Start there.
    notyou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Liberty pumps bergen NY 14416 bought out viper they sent me a replacment switch for free
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 10:40 AM

Hey! That's great news... thanks for posting the info.

Any chance you can post the number you called?

Thanks...

Mark
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 11:36 AM

Mark. Ashamed at you. From linkvI posted 800-543-2550.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sump pump [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to say thank you in advance. THis is the first time I have ever dealt with a sump pump. My sump pump in the basement has gone out. I have tried draining the water; however the water level remains at the same spot. Am I just being impatient or am I doing something wrong?

Sump pump [ 10 Answers ]

I recently bought a new house and was wondering if the sump pump draining into the main drain instead of on its own drain to outside the house is a problem? I have never had a sump pump before and was curious because we get a sewage smell inside our bathroom every once in awhile on the first floor...

Sump pump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all- I need to reinstall some broken sump pump lines in a house I'm staying in. the owner swears the pipes need to be 4ft below grade due to freezing (we live in MA). I say as long as the pipe is slopeed running water does not freeze. It is about a 50ft run from the house. If I'm right how much...

Sump pump necessary? [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a 20 yr old home about 2 months ago. The house is built on top of a hill and it has a walkout basement below grade. The basement is finished except for one room that is the size of a one car garage, and this specific area of interest is below that garage. The walls are cinder...

Sump pump [ 2 Answers ]

When it rains my sump pump works ,but there is a bab smell??

View more questions Search