Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Dec 7, 2008, 09:37 PM
    I've done everything!
    Okay I have to say now. I'm one of those girls who always says she is fat but when on a diet can never make it through it. When I'm bored I eat. When I'm sad I eat. When I'm mad or depressed... I EAT! And when I'm eating I eat beyond the point of being full. Tonight I started crying because my boyfriend recently bought us a room set and the dresser has a mirror. When I got up I saw a full body view of my body and it really depressed me.

I've gone on several diets, and yes I have excercised during these. I have tried liquid diets, vegetable diets. I went 5 months without soda or hamburger and never lost anything!! Once for 3 months I jogged or did Tai Bo in the morning and either did belly dancing excerises or tai chi and sit ups every night. No matter what I do I can't lose it! I'm 5'7 and 186 lbs! I hate it! My boyfriend says I look good but I look in the mirror and am just not happy with my body, its uncomfortable! Does anyone have any advice on how I can lose weight?

I would rather not try any pills and would mostly perfer answers from women because I have heard that it is much harder for women to lose weight then men

Thank you in advance for any posts :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 10:13 PM

Haven't seen you around in awhile!
    Are you eating breakfast? If you skip breakfast it lowers your metabolism. Also if you skip meals then your body is tricked into thinking you are not going to be eating regular so it stores food.
    So even if you eat only small healthy snacks throughout the day it is better than skipping eating.

Also try digestive enzymes they are natural and they help your food digest better rather than it sitting in your stomach.
    Most foods do not contain the digestive enzymes they were meant to because fresh produce is picked too early. Canned is over cooked killing enzymes. Then pre packaged prepared foods also lack enzymes.
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 04:29 PM

Hey I want to get back with more but I have to go to the Dollar Tree to buy another pair of reading glasses first. I should make it back within the next few days.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Yes, I'm a guy, but ill chime in my two cents. If anything, my post will bump this up in the New Posts section so others will see it.

I have a cousin who struggled with her weight through HS and college. She tried a lot of things and nothing seemed to work.

In the last 6 mo she's dropped 50 lbs and looks great. She still has some to lose for her to meet her target, but she's absolutely getting there.

So what did she do differently? She joined weight watchers. Something to consider, perhaps? Its made a real difference for one person I know well... wish I could tell you more about the pros and cons of the program. Maybe somebody else can.

But... it requires you to have more discipline about food, and that's something you've struggled with.

When you've done diets or workouts, has your boyfriend participated? Studies have shown that people who keep journals for their exercise and their workouts lose twice the weight as those who don't have that structure.
    Akeginu Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2008, 10:28 PM

All right. I'm going to tell you this because I've been there. I know what it feels like and I know that it's hard. First of all, you might want to go to the doctor and get a physical done just to make sure that everything is well and that there might not be medical reasons for why you can't lose weight.

Also, You need to be more realistic about weight loss. FAD DIETS NEVER WORK. I've tried every diet, and every time it's the same thing. I've tried soup diets, atkins diet, south beach diets, about everything. If I did lose weight it was just water weight that I gained right back. You did not gain that weight over night and don't expect to lose it overnight either.

You don't have to limit yourself to eating crumbs of food to lose weight. I know because I've been there, and I'm still working on it. I joined weight watchers and it does work.. You can eat things that you like and lose weight. I mean, It's losing about 2lbs a week but little by little it's coming off. I started at 180 and now I'm down to 158.1 over the course of 3 months. You just need to find a diet that you can stick to. You will have times when you'll give in to temptation and eat something you shouldn't but that's OK. Just don't let it consume you.

Crying about it and eating is not helping you. It's only making it worse. Think about that. I think keeping a journal or creating a blog while you are dieting will help. Just having someone there to talk to and support you helps a lot.

Set mini-goals to keep you motivated. It's all in your mind, and I know it's so hard to get started but you just have to push yourself and do it. Just have realistic expectations. It will take time. It will be hard, but you'll feel so much better. You'll feel much more energized.

On the Weight watchers you can go to the meetings where it has people like you that will support you and help you along the way. (I do it online though)
    You can eat ANYTHING as long as you stay within your points.
    The only thing is that you have to pay for a subscription, and you have to dedicate yourself.

It's a lifestyle change. Only you can decide when you are ready to make it.
    If you have any questions I'm here to help.
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Sometimes it can take what seems like forever to find the right food and exercise plan for you. I've heard that some people have had great success with hypnosis when trying to loose weight. I found this link for you on how it works:

http://helpselfwoman.com/blog/how-to-effectively-use-hypnosis-and-losing-weight/
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2008, 07:32 AM

Sorry I have been so busy and can't get back yet.
    One reason you see overweight vegetarians is because they do not get the amino acid L-carnitine found in meat. It is what many people use when they work out to convert their calories to lean muscle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search