Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sophiaamarawest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 03:13 PM
    What is wrong with Abcadorus and how fix him?
    Dear Dr.

Please look at this bomb on Abcadorus's back. What is wrong and how do we fix him?

Sophie
    Attached Images

twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 04:04 PM

I had tropical fish for years. This is some sort of parasite growing on his back. You should go to a reliable and knowledgeable pet store that has lots of tropical fish and ask them what sort of medicine you can buy for this. I know there are preparations using Malachite Green that work on this type of parasite but it's been years since I've had any tropical fish to care for.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophiaamarawest View Post
    Dear Dr.,

Please look at this bomb on Abcadorus's back. What is wrong and how do we fix him?

Sophie
    I am no doctor for fish but I have kept goldfish for 16 years.
    I believe your fish has a tumor. This is extremely common in goldfish
    And unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. Fish can live many long happy years with tumors.

There are parasites that cause ulcerations that look similar to the tumors BUT your fish's over all appearance looks fantastic.
    It's fins are standing straight up, no tears, no spots, they look wonderful!
    A fish with parasites will clamp it's fins and they would not look as healthy as your fish.

You could treat with medication if you'd like, it won't do any harm.
    There is a product called MelaFix that works wonders on sores.
    Keep a close eye on him for infection... the MelaFix will help prevent that as well.

There is a product called Jungle Fungus or Parasite fizz tabs.
    They have the Malachite Green medication mentioned in the above post which will work very well if you notice any signs of disease or parasites.
    Watch for clamped fins that are starting to look bad, darting, unusual scraping on objects in the tank, sitting at bottom of tank etc.

Good luck

EDIT: At a closer look I believe I see 1 red streak in the tail fin... Is that correct?
    This could be nothing, that's actually common in white goldfish, however I would treat with the
    Jungle Brand Fizz Tabs for Fungus or Parasites-they both will give you the same results.
    This is just to be on the safe side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Is this wrong? [ 7 Answers ]

So I've been dating for like a week now were both 13, we've known each other for 3 years and love each other. Earlier Wednesday she left to churchill for a week. And lately I've been hanging with girl(my best friends) and I have a crush on all of them. And I want to know if this is cheating or...

Right or wrong? [ 11 Answers ]

I have an interesting question (at least to me) to bounce off some heads up in here. Last year I was on a social network and found amongst its participants an ex-girlfriend of mine. Ex as in it was 7 years ago, last year of high school, so it seemed harmless in saying what's up how have you...

Am I wrong to think way? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so here is my problem. I see my boyfriend everyday and I'v been going out with him for a year now. Im always with him and I bring him everywhere with me. In the beginning of the relationship I always wanted to be with him and if he couldn't go somewer with me then I wouldn't go. But Lately...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search