Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KLIMJ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Cpu OK but monitor not working
    I plugged in my computer correctly and I turned on the moniter and the computer(cpu).cpu is working fine but nothing happened to d monitor... so, then, I held the power button down for awile and the computer turns on and the moniter doesn't the light beside the power button on the moniter is orange-standby. I using os window. Tired to fixed it but nothing comes out from d monitor but just d orange light.
    Anyone knows how to fix it.

Please answer...

Thank you-
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 10:16 PM

Hi,
    If your monitor thinks it is on Standby, it is not getting a signal. Check the pins on the monitor cable for a bent/broken one. If you can borrow a known working monitor, try it to check the veracity of your video circuitry.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Laptop Monitor not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having some troubles with my laptop. A few months ago the monitor went out and since I need it to do school work on I have it hooked up to a computer monitor. I assumed the monitor light just went out but when my laptop is starting up the screen works fine and comes in as it normally...

External monitor not working [ 1 Answers ]

Using Dell laptop. External monitor got disconnected. Now when I reconnect it says it's not receiving a signal. What should I do?

Monitor not working "No Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Daewoo HL710S LCD Monitor that is Plug & Play and DDC 1, 2B (whatever that means) It works fine with a Dell computer running Windows 2000 Professional. I am now trying to hook it up to a Compaq Evo (D51S) that has Windows XP Professional All I get is a “No Signal” message on the...

View more questions Search