Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaradsbabygirl Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2008, 12:05 AM
    So what should I really do?
    Hi again, so I'm suppose to be fertile on Dec 5. I need a little bit more advice! So I was a little bit fertile when I had intercourse last Saturday which was the 29th of November. Do you think I conceived? But I'm going to try again this Friday when I'm most fertile. Now can anyone give me really good advice in which ways to use during intercourse. Please nothing rude I'm just really trying to have a family. I want it to be like a christmas present for my family and his family.
    So please if you could give me some good advice and stuff so I know what to do. Like I said please don't be figgin rude or anything either!! Cause I will tell you off thanks:confused:
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 12:18 AM

One thing I can advise you on is not to use any lubricants.. the sperm actually get caught in a oil slick and it impedes their swimming.
    Lie with a pillow under your buttocks for a half hour after sex.
    There is a wealth of info on line but these are two that I personally heard from my doctor years ago.

Try to relax. Truth be told when I finally decided I would never conceive and I truly believed that is when I relaxed enough that my sons are here today!

Many Blessings and good Luck!!

Dec 4, 2008, 12:24 AM

So well I'm not trying really hard. I have this white milkley type discharge. What would that be or is it normal. I only get this like for a week or so
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Dec 4, 2008, 02:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaradsbabygirl View Post
    Hi again, so im suppose to be fertile on Dec 5. I need a little bit more advice! So i was a little bit fertile when i had intercourse last Saturday which was the 29th of November. Do you think i conceived? But im going to try again this Friday when im most fertile. Now can anyone give me really good advice in which ways to use during intercourse. Please nothing rude im just really tryin to have a family. I want it to be like a christmas present for my family and his family.
    So please if you could give me some good advice and stuff so i know what to do. Like i said please dont be figgin rude or anything either!!! Cause i will tell you off thanks:confused:
    From your other posts I see you're only 17? Are you even married? Why do you assume that getting pregnant will be a "Christmas present" to your boyfriend and his and your family? It's a child! Not some inantimate object.
    You didn't want any rude answers, but I don't understand why you should be getting pregnant right now, especially not as an excuse for it to be a holiday gift. Are you actually thinking about the baby or the attention you will receive from it?
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Dec 4, 2008, 08:47 AM

What leads you to believe that you were fertile on the 29th and will be so again on 12/5? Usually you're only fertile around the time of ovulation.

Also, getting pregnant for someone else's sake is not the best motivation. Try to think of the best possible timing for the child you're bringing into the world, not a Christmas present for other people. Buy them a toaster, don't conceive a child.

Dec 5, 2008, 03:13 AM

XXariesXX
    Listen here, I'm ready I don't care if I'm only 17 I had a miscarriage at 16!! So look I didn't want any rude answers! You don't tell me what I can do, so I advise you to just keep it shut! I know it is a child and I'm very mature for my age! I have been taking care of myself for about 4 years now! I take care of my brothers and sisters! I am thinking about my baby! Don't Judge people on what they want to do with there lives! Especially people you don't friggin know! Im not the type to be judgin. I would say your very jugdemental! So please don't answer any more of my questions Thanks.

Dec 5, 2008, 03:16 AM
    GirlWSlingshot,
    I looked on my ouvlation calender and it said I was a little bit fertile. Your fertile for about 7 days trust me in know I had a miscariage when I was 16. Im not getting pregnant for someone else's sake either it is what me and my soon to be husband want, not what other people want. I wanted to be like my mother. She told her family on christmas she was pregnant with me and now I want to do the same thing! Please get lives and stop being for Friggin Judgemental thanks much! Thanks for the advice too, instead of giving me advice, your acting like my mother! So please like I said unless your giving me some good advice and not some stuck up snobiness then just stay away from answering my questions
    Thanks a whole lot!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 5, 2008, 05:02 AM
    XXariesXX
    Listen here, im ready i dont care if im only 17 i had a miscarriage at 16!!!! so look i didnt want any rude answers! You dont tell me what i can do, so i advise you to just keep it shut! I know it is a child and im very mature for my age! I have been taking care of myself for about 4 years now! I take care of my brothers and sisters! I am thinking about my baby! Dont Judge people on what they want to do with there lives! Expecially people you dont friggin know! Im not the type to be judgin. I would say your very jugdemental! so please dont answer any more of my questions Thanks.
    You don't want any answers that you consider rude, yet it is okay for you to be rude.

You post a question here and you open yourself up for any answers, whether you want to hear them or not. That is how this site works.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2008, 06:58 AM

I just want to add that maybe you missed out on your childhood by taking care of your brothers and sisters.

Being able to have a baby is a gift on it's own but babies grow up. They go through phrases of life and need more things then you need. Why not become stable first and get a good education so your able to support your child by getting a good job instead of trying to have one now. How much money do you and your boyfriend make? Think outside the box because you don't want to have a child then be barely making it when you can do more than just getting by. Get married first and then get a good career after college because nothing is gurrantee and you never know what could happen between you and your boyfriend.

Now taking time and making a plan for your life is the mature thing you can do.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2008, 07:17 AM

I think that you miss your baby that you miscarried. I'm so sorry for your loss and perhaps you are a bit depressed and have the hopes that this new baby will make your pain go away. Sorry it won't.

Some counseling might help you feel better.

I had my son when I was 33.. both my husband and I are professional and have advanced degrees... yet we struggle with the financial responsibility of having our child. There are a lot of expenses with children as they age and unfortunately public assistance will not cover these extras for your child.

In my opinion the best thing you can do for everyone involved is give yourself a chance to prepare for your future as well as your future child's.

Best wishes!
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Dec 5, 2008, 08:24 AM
    XXariesXX
    Listen here, im ready i dont care if im only 17 i had a miscarriage at 16!!!! so look i didnt want any rude answers! You dont tell me what i can do, so i advise you to just keep it shut! I know it is a child and im very mature for my age! I have been taking care of myself for about 4 years now! I take care of my brothers and sisters! I am thinking about my baby! Dont Judge people on what they want to do with there lives! Expecially people you dont friggin know! Im not the type to be judgin. I would say your very jugdemental! so please dont answer any more of my questions Thanks.
    I'm sorry that you had the miscarriage, I'm sure it was very difficult for you. Perhaps you should see a counselor about your loss?

I highly doubt you are really thinking about your baby; you're 17 and probably your boyfriend and yourself do not have the kind of income to be able to properly take care of one. You said that you're not doing this for anyone by yourself and your boyfriend, but what about the baby in question itself? You also said that you wanted to be like your mother; so really you're doing it for her then? You have a lot of contradictions here.

You say that you are mature for your age but by the way you have rudely responded, I don't get a mature picture of you.
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Dec 5, 2008, 08:33 AM

I wasn't trying to be condescending. And I'm certainly not judging you based solely on your age. I was only 19 when I got married and shortly thereafter conceived my son. So I understand the urge to start a family young.

But I also waited to get married and have a baby until I could support that child with or without the help of my husband or family. I already had my career underway. It was quite fortunate that I did not jump into motherhood without that backup plan because my husband turned abusive and self-harming six weeks into my pregnancy.

I now make it on my own without my family's support or much help from my ex husband. I take no government handouts and expect nothing from anyone else. That's the extra freedom that I bought for myself between the ages of 17 (where you are) and 20 when I finally had my son.

And as far as ovulation, you're not really fertile for 7 straight days. You're most fertile around the time of ovulation, typically the few days closest to it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2008, 08:51 AM
    XXariesXX

I'm sorry about your miscarriage, but this is not the response of someone who is as mature as they think. A mature person would not become so defensive from a few simple questions or responses that were not what you wanted to hear. Face it, you're 17... people are going to question how ready you really are. Surely you can understand that? A mature 17 year old would realise the responses you have received are perfectly normal, expected, and warranted.

Most 17 year olds are not supporting themselves financially, they have their education to finish so that they can provide the sort of life for their child they would like to... often hoping to provide even more than what they might have had. Will you be able to do those basic things? Can you support yourself fully without help from anyone else? Will you be able to provide for your child as well as, or even better than what you had? Can you give them the sort of life right now that you would truly want to? Those are questions to consider, no matter what your age, when thinking about becoming a parent.

The ovulation calendar is only a guide... many women do not follow the norm that those calendars provide. Could you be pregnant? Of course... if you have been having unprotected sex, pregnancy will always be a possibility. Have you increased your odds by using the ovulation calendar? Maybe, if you happen to follow the norm. Keep in mind, however, that even with good timing, pregnancy is not easy to come by. Your egg is only viable for about 24 hours... and many other factors come into play beside good timing. Any one of those variables happening to be off that cycle will cause pregnancy not to happen.

It's a fun idea to be able to announce a pregnancy at Christmas, and sentimental to want to follow how your mother did it, but do consider what has been said on the responses you have received. No one is wanting to keep you from sharing something so wonderful with your family... they are merely wanting you to look at the bigger picture and what having and raising a child entails... for everyone involved. How much have you really thought about the changes a baby would bring to your life? What education plans do you have? What about your boyfriend's plans? What happens if you two don't stay together? Have you considered how much things will cost over the next 18 years or so? Have you considered how you will afford a baby? How much do you know about infant and child development so that you can provide the best environment for your child? How will you afford a baby on your own without relying on family or government assistance?

As you can see, there is much to consider, and maybe you already have... or maybe you are under the impression that things will just work themselves out. Regardless, do give it some thought... if you decide to go ahead with your plans... surround yourself with as much support as you can. Make plans for how you will provide for yourself and your child down the road because sooner or later, odds are, you will be doing just that. No one ever thinks it will happen to them but, all women should be prepared to take care of themselves at some point in their lives.

I wish you well...

Dec 5, 2008, 05:30 PM

I have enough money I'm graduated already and I'm already in college I know what I'm doing. I don't miss my other baby because it didn't have a heart beat yet. Trust me on this one I'm ready and we can support it. My soon to be husband is taking over his dads restaurant. Im sorry if I was rude but I don't like it people that don't even know me is rude. I don't need to get help because of my last miscarriage trust me I have the will power and strength to get over anything. Thanks much, and I didn't miss out on my childhood, I had a really good one. Now its my turn to grow up and I was already grown at age 13
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2008, 05:41 PM

I wish I could express the horrible regret of being a young mother in a way that you would understand.

I got pregnant at 17 with my son, I was graduated from school and accepted at Northwestern University. I too knew everything there was to know about raising (without the financial obligation) both of my brother's, my sister and many cousins I was the oldest in my family by 6 years to all of the younger family children.

I am now 30 with a 12 year old son and a beautiful 7 year old daughter. I never got to finish college and although I am well educated in many other ways I know that my college degree would have gotten me so much further. I was with the father of my son for two years and my son was about 6 months old before he realized he couldn't handle the responsibility of parenthood.

I thought back then I was ready to be a parent, but everyday that I look back I wish I could change that past. My son, although I love him dearly, is not nearly as bonded as my daughter is with me. Unfortunately you spend their baby and toddler years shipping them off to daycare and family members so that you can work and provide for them.

It is difficult to hear but the differences between having my son at 17 and having my daughter at 23 were tremendous. Please reconsider having a child at this age. Finish school, have children when you are married and you can have the opportunity to stay home and raise them for a while. At 17 it seems like everything has to be now, but enjoy 17 be an adult and mother when the time is right, this isn't the right time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search