Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragonflydreams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Lost audio
    I am in desperate need of info on how to recover audio on my computer. I use my computer to support victims of homicide and need to be able to HEAR them at any and all times. Please help:(
    rquick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 09:20 PM

A couple of questions. Are you using XP or? To start with the basic, look down on the bottom right, do you see a speaker? Does it have a red line through it? If so, it is muted, double click and uncheck the mute button, also check the different volume levels in this screen, turn them all up... next, are your speakers externally powered? Most are, check the power source, most have a green light when powered, try plugging in a set of headphones in the correct jack, does it work? If so, it is your speakers probably.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Dec 11, 2008, 12:24 AM
    If you are using Windows XP, do you know whether you may
    Have inadvertently deleted the SoundMAX file? If so, have you tried
    Doing a System Restore, going back to the date when the sound
    First stopped working? If that doesn't work, and you don't see a
    Sound driver in your list of "Currently Installed Programs and Updates,"
    Try here:

http://www.soft32.com/download_170190.html

Occasionally, this file can be deleted when someone (like me) thinks
    They're cleaning up unneeded files. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SoundMAX audio driver install. I'm lost! [ 7 Answers ]

I successfully installed Windows XP Pro SP2 onto my new computer. I also installed my motherboard and video card successfully, but I'm hung up with the audio driver installation. I have an ASUS P5B-VM motherboard, an ASUS NVidia EN8800GTS video card, and an Intel E6600 Dual-Core processor. ...

I lost my audio device [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to do to get my audio device back? I don't even have it on my computer any more.

I've lost my audio device [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows vista and have somehow lost my sound. It comes up saying no audio device is installed. I don't know whether it has been accidentally deleted or what. Can anyone please help? :(

Lost audio 5.1 [ 3 Answers ]

I had to reinstall windows lost all audio put in motherboard cd now only have,sub+2speakers working+no audio test any help as I'm still learning how to drive this PC thanks

View more questions Search