Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spring22 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Court date over credit card debt
    Hello,

I have a court date over a credit card debt. What is the best way to fight this matter in court? I am not sure what to say. I took that credit card almost five years ago. I have not been able to pay it. I was paying a small amount but then I lost my job and I couldn't continue paying. Then I started working and began to pay $100 a month but then I couldn't continue paying due to bills such as the mortgage and utilities. What I make is not enough. My bank account was already frozen from another credit card debt; now I live check by check and I am not sure how to get out of this mess. It just coming one after another.

Please help...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 3, 2008, 05:09 PM

Please look through the many similar threads in this and the Bankruptcy & Debt or Credit forums. You will find the answers to your questions in those threads as this is an oft discussed issue.

The main defense is to hope the plaintiff doesn't have sufficient proof to verify the debt. Not being able to pay is not a defense.

Bankruptcy may be a valid recourse for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card debt and no job, court date set. [ 1 Answers ]

I defaulted on a Bank of America loan a couple years ago after setting up payments with a credit service, and, they (BOA) refused to work with them. BOA continued to raise the minimum & interest rates, past due fees, etc. With the amount past due, I couldn't even afford to keep up on the minimum...

Credit debt. Court date soon! [ 12 Answers ]

Hello everyone and anyone who can help. My situation is this: I am currently being sued by a credit collection agency for $2,698 that includes $1400 of interest and fee etc. My court date is this week. I am a single mom, w/ an 18 mo old baby, working PT. My pay is between $160 & 200/wk. However...

Court Date-Old credit card debt [ 6 Answers ]

I have to appear in court about an old credit card... it was charged off years ago, and I guess these vultures bought the debt or whatever... it's 1900 dollars. What do I need to take with me to court?. pay stubs, credit report?

Court Date for Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

I'm being assigned to have a court day for the credit cards debt (2004). I'm willing to pay what my original credit limit was. But the creditors are suing me triple the amount that my credit limit was. What should I do? Thank you in advance.

View more questions Search