Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigmatty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Civil judgment?
    Is it true that if you owe a city money for unpaid parking tickets that the city has to obtain a civil judgment against you? What is the diff between a civil judgment and a non-civil judgment?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 04:06 PM

I don't know necessarily about a civil judgment; I'm pretty sure you'll get your license suspended or that they'll place a lien on your vehicle which was ticketed, which means you can't sell it until the tickets have been paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining a Judgment on a debt that has a prior Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Now I thought that you can't get another judgment on a debt if there is a prior judgment obtained back in July 2004 from Ohio. But the debtor moved to New York and they want to have an atty in New York place another judgment on the same debt. Don't they have to request an Exemplified Judgment...

Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I have a question about the civil war... In mid-1863 the Union gained control of the entire length of the Mississippi River. What strategic advantage did this give the Union? Help Please

Civil Suit - How to Vacate Default Judgment Auto Lease [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitations on making a motion to vacate a default judgment in a auto lease default ruling? How long? It's been 6 years since the judgment. I want to answer now, vacate or set aside the default judgment, and make have a chance to settle out of court now. In NY, Rockland County...

Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

The 'North' and the 'South' were not different nations. I'd base my argument around defining a nation (no easy job). Then, go onto who benefits from calling it "War of aggression"? it’s a highly emotive name. In what ways did events fit that description? And Who benefits from calling it...

View more questions Search