Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murali7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 03:41 AM
    Marine Engineering
    1.Why gearbox fitted to medium speed marine engines?Why propeller not connected to engine directly to run at high speed?

2.How to test a egine overspeed shutdown?

3.What are the advantages and disadvantages of helical gear?

4.What are the safety devices found on a direct on line motor starter?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 04:20 AM

Hi, murali7!

I just moved your questions from Introductions to this more appropriate forum area. In Introductions, that's where people greet each other. We don't ask questions there.

What do you think might be good answers to the questions that you've asked, please? If we simply gave you answers to the questions, how would that be helping you to learn how to arrive at the answers in order for you to learn on your own the best?

Please click on the following link for more information as to how to post homework questions here.

Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

You. S. Marine [ 2 Answers ]

The train was quite crowded, so a U. S. Marine walked the entire length Looking for a seat, but the only seat left was taken by a well dressed, Middle-aged, French woman's poodle. The war-weary Marine asked,'Ma'am, may I have that seat?' The French

Marine law [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am doing my masters in southampton uk and ia m working on an assingnment on a collision case between the tricolor and kariba which took place in dec 2002 in english channel.please could you send them the links about the case study and insurance on the vessel and cargo...

View more questions Search