Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 07:31 AM
    International passport
    Hey all,

I am going to be applying for my first passport this Saturday and I want to know how long it has taken some people to receive it? How short? Who has done the expedited service? I need the passport by the last mailing day before February 2, 2009 (that would be January 31st). If I were to apply for the regular service of a passport, can I change that service to expedite if I need it?

Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 07:39 AM

I could give you a more informed answer if I knew which country you are from.

In Canada you can receive a new passport in six weeks, if everything is in order and up straight on your application.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 07:46 AM

Hi tickle,

I live in the U.S. (Massachusetts). I don't have a criminal record so the backround check shouldn't take that long.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 01:46 PM

Regular service is 3 weeks, expedited is 2 weeks so either would be fine if you intend to apply now... expect a bit more than the delays mentionned due to the holidays though...

Found this at Application Processing Times
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 03:00 PM

Thanks Lowtax4eva! I did speak to a representative and he mentioned that with the holidays it may be delayed a bit. I'm sure I'll have it before February 2nd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International warrant? [ 2 Answers ]

If a warrant is issued for my arrest for violation of parole in California, will they know about it in a foreign country? Would it be an international warrant??

International Aid [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Im doing a research about italy, Could someone answer this Q? Does Italy receive international aid or not ? Thanks in advance...

International divorce [ 1 Answers ]

This gets complicated. I am a US citizen who married a german, in germany in 2001. After living in germany for 2 years we moved to NY (where I'm from). After 3 years she said she hated to US and had to move home, I hated germany so I stayed. Last year she filed for divorce I signed lots of paper...

International humor. [ 1 Answers ]

Fu, Bu and Chu immigrated to the USA from China. They decided to become American citizens, and "Americanize" their names. Bu, called himself "Buck" Chu called himself "Chuck" Fu decided to return to China. A journalist had done a story on gender roles in Kuwait several years before The Gulf...

International Harmonization... [ 3 Answers ]

"International harmonization will improve the Reporting of Financial Statements throughout the world." - Do anyone of you know where I can get the answer of it? Any website link would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation...

View more questions Search