Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redixson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Two toilets water level drained after one toilet started bubbling randomly.
    We live in a one story house with to bathrooms located 20 feet apart on 2 different drain branches that y into the lateral drain going to the sewer main. Today one toilet started bubbling one inch bubbles randomly for about 15 minutes and then drained very low but not dry with out being flushed or any other toilets or drains in use. I noticed the toilet in the other bathroom had also drained very low but not dry. There were no drains use an hour prior to this. This has never happened before today. Everything is back to normal currently. All drains and toilets drain fast. We are on city sewer and recently had our sewer main rerouted to the alley because it went across the neighbors lot. How could both toilets bowls drain at the same time on opposite sides of the house? Is this just a fluke or is there a bigger potential problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Redixson...

Only thing that comes to mind is that the city may have been working on the sewer system with a jetter or similar equipment.

These jetters can potentially cause issues such as causing toilets to overflow or toilets to drain unexpectedly as in your case.

Call the local city sewer department and see if they were doing any routine maintenance or any emergency work on pipes/manholes in your area. Let them know what happened... especially since no overflow occurred.. ;) See what they have to say.

If no work was done then pop back and let us know... could be another explanation... I guess?

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubble noise in toilets, septic tanks just drained [ 7 Answers ]

Started about 2 weeks ago, both toilets, back to back rooms, started making bubbling noises, then would not flush. Let sit water in bowl goes down, let sit even longer I could flush a couple times normal then would start backing up again. Tub and sinks and everything seem to drain fine no problem....

Water level drops in toilets. [ 1 Answers ]

I have back to back bathrooms with a toilet in each that comes down to the main drain in the basement. Just recently I could hear one and then sometimes the other toilet making a bubbling noise. The water level was down in both of the toilets. I flushed one of the toilets to see what would happen,...

Toilet bubbling while running water, shower backing up [ 1 Answers ]

For the past month now while I run water in the bathroom the toilet will start bubbling. If the shower is running it will back up the shower and drain very slowly, if at all. I have had my toilet overflow on me about six times, and have had the plumber snake out my main line twice now, what is my...

Toilet Water Bubbling [ 1 Answers ]

When my washer drains the wate in the basement toilet and the upstairs toilet bubbles. Toilet almost over flows when flushed if washer is in use. What can be causing this problem?

Bubbling Toilets [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having a problem with all of the toilets bubbling. I have been able to fix the problem with a plunger but the problem keeps recurring. Today the toilets started bubbling and I was only running the washing machine. Again, the plunger fixed the problem. Last week while trying to plunger...

View more questions Search