Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coldinnj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Carrier 9200 code 41
    I have a carrier 9200 furnace flashing code 41 it will ignite and flame but cuts off after blowing for a couple of minutes. Is the moter a DIY project I see the motor cost about $500 online.

Thanks a bunch
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Look on the inside of the blower door panel and post here what code 41 means. There is a list on the diagram behind the blower door.

What is this DIY motor deal? Many of the variable speed motors are in the 24 volt control circuit on the circuit board and trying to do a standard motor conversion is not easy and can cause problems with the circuit board since feed back come from the motor to the board. It is a two way street.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Here is code 41

BLOWER OUTSIDE VALID SPEED RANGE

Now I know what your DYI is. You can forget it. You will need to purchase the correct parts for this furnace to have it operate correctly. In other words you cannot safetly hack the control circuit so you can run a cheap 3 speed style motor.(remember the magic words are safetly)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Code #34 - intermittent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi: I have a Carrier 800 VS 58CVX070. Installed in 2003 A few weeks back we had a power outage and since then the Furnace has been a little funky. The main problem is that the trouble is intermittent. I keep getting status #34. Usually it happens late at night so, everything seems fine all...

Carrier 9200 Weathermaker gas furnace -- no heat [ 4 Answers ]

The furnace is about 5-6 years old, and advertised as "ultra-efficient". Gas furnace is inside, Carrier Tech 2000SS A/C is outside. Heat won't come on, despite my reset efforts: -turn thermostat to lowest setting -turn off all electrical power to furnace -remove access panel from furnace...

Carrier weathermaker 9200 blinking not blowing heat, and showing LED lights [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 9 year old carrier weathermaker 9200 gas furnace. I'm getting no heat from the downstairs unit. The upstairs unit is working fine. I took the cover off, and I can see the black electric motor(?) spinning, yet nothing is blowing out through the vents. When I look at the bottom right front...

LED code PF for Carrier 8000TS [ 1 Answers ]

Heater Blower will not start. Code on led is PF. How do I correct and or repair? Thanks.

Carrier Diagostic Code [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the problem is with my Carrier heating unit if the red light remains steady followed by 2 fast flashes? Thanks!

View more questions Search