Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timothyb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Shower taps
    I recently had a slow hot water leak, which was caused by a worn out beveled washer which I replaced, now the center tap, the one that open the water supply to the shower head is giving me grief. I took it apart as well and it only looks like their was a missing washer from the back end of it. There is also a nylon type tapered collar that slides over the end of the shaft. The taper fits into the back end of the cartridge as you screw it outwards and the water should flow to the shower head , but it doesn't get full power, and when I screw it back in so it should come out into the tub full power, I doesn't flow very strong their either. I have been to the local plumbing shop and can't seem to find any parts to fix the stem and cartridge. Can you help me?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 10:55 AM

I am assuming that your faucet looks like this one see the image below, if so then the center is the diverter take it to plumbing supply and the will help to fine you the parts that you need, if your faucet is not the type below, please post the brand and model number for more help, also if your faucet is Moen or Delta they will send you parts for free if you call their customer service, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in shower goes cold when taps in house are being used [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need to have a hot shower with out being interrupted as the water goes cold when my wife uses the hotwater to wash up in the kitchen the shower changes to cold water can something be done about it thank you

Upstairs shower gives only cold water when kitchen taps are used [ 3 Answers ]

I've a shower upstairs (loft converted into room), and it gives either very cold water or no water when we use kitchen/bathroom taps. When no other tap is used, it does seem to work OK. I don't know anything about plumbing. Help me how can I get rid of this problem. Thanks Uma

Hot taps [ 2 Answers ]

I want yo change my hot water taps but can not find the stopcock. Would it be OK just to turn the main water supply off and drain the hot water system ? Thanks in advance

Taps won't run [ 2 Answers ]

The other day my husband went to change the shower head and taps in our basement bathroom. Before he did this he shut off the water flow to the sink in that bathroom... which didn't matter anyway because the shower still ran, only the sink wouldn't... but anyway... when he turned the taps under...

View more questions Search