Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayak_maniac Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Is it a scrape or a skin disorder?
    My 8 month old male cat looked to have a scrape on his back. The hair is gone and it's a bit raw. Now I'm not sure if he really scraped it or he has a skin disorder? The scrape is about the size of a quarter. Any ideas?
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2008, 09:40 AM

Did you just find this wound, or has it been there for any period? Is it bleeding? Was he in any situation in which he could have been injured? Is he an indoor cat or an outdoor cat? Is it possible it's a burn? Is he in contact with other animals? You should usually be able to see a difference between an injury-inspired wound and a rash or an infection.

If it's serious, he should be taken to the vet no matter what the cause.

If it is not severe, it might be better if you could post a picture of it. You might get a more accurate guess as to what it might be from. In any case, if you have any doubts, call your vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cream to promote / increase skin cell exfoliating in middle age (50) skin [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! My skin has really changed since I hit the big "50th birthday. It has become dryer, flakes, thick patches and seems like the dead skin cells don't slough off and just pack into my pores creating hard tiny bumps (sometimes dark color) below the surface and the skin thickens over. My guess is...

Dark skin women making their skin lighter [ 7 Answers ]

How could a dark skined women make there skin lighter without damaging their skin

Skin Alergies or Obsessvive disorder [ 5 Answers ]

My 10 yeald old long haired German Shepard. She scratches and chews at her skin constantly, also her paws. She will actually, chew spots raw. She does not have fleas or ticks for she is on Advantick (advantage). We live in the country. She is a inside dog, though we got outside to play with her and...

Skin Disorder [ 1 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I noticed a strange, new circular mark on the skin of my hip about the size of a quarter. It's now grown to the size of a half dollar and is somewhat scaly and an angry red. It doesn't itch or hurt. What could this be and what caused it?

My cat has a disorder [ 1 Answers ]

My cat just turned 2 years in Dec of 2004. I have had her since she was a couple weeks old. I didn't have to buy her, the kittens were given out for free, so I had no information on the cat's parents. When she was almost 1 year I moved from Louisiana(where I got her) to Rhode Island, where we are...

View more questions Search