Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Nov 27, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Sewing machines
    Hey everyone I love to sew. But I was wondering what are some good and cheap brands of sewing machines to make clothing.

p.s. I would mostly be making, pj pants,tops,jeans, etc.
    hoolahay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
    The sewing machine I have is a singer. My parents got it for me, so I don't know how much it cost. But it woks great:D
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 07:46 PM
    For basic sewing, I think any Singer would work. I got one for 8th grade graduation and had it up until 5 years ago. I am turning 50 this year:D
    ellebino Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2012, 07:17 AM
    Brother make reasonably priced sewing machines which would be able to handle the domestic uses they listed. If you have a sewing store near you, it would be worth going in and seeing whether they have any second hand machines that are fully serviced.
    Singer and Janome are excellent brands but depending on the model can come with a higher price.
    It might also be worth doing some research of the products and their websites and comparing their list of features to your wants and needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know about sewing machines? [ 1 Answers ]

Ihave a White Rotory sewing machine-fr3387343 serial number want tory to find out how much it is worth -looking to sell to downsize collection.:confused:

Sewing machines [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have recently required a singer sewig machine from the singer manufacturing co. I have been unable to find out what yea it was buit in. The number which is on the gold round plate is s888 363. Howeer I am unsure whether this is the serial nuber. I have looked on the interent and the...

Sewing machines [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: I recently acquired a sewing machine that I would like to find more info on and when I look it up on the net, I cannot find a thing. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. The name on it is: The State Sewing Machine Co and it has a serial # of: 0015656. It has...

View more questions Search