Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mac Lovin Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 02:47 AM
    What is meant by time and space
    Have been with my girlfriend 3 and a half years, we are both 22 and I'm finding it hard to go on without her as we did everything together and I idolised her, I work fairly hard which allows us to live a nice lifestyle, we have our own house which she moved out and left half her clothes, anything she ever wanted I gave her,

Things all came to a head with her wanting to get a tattoo and we freaking over it, I told her it is over if she got it done and of course she got mad and said fine we it is over...
    Its over now about 5 weeks and we have been in contact and she has told me she still has feelings for me but is not ready to get back into the relationship now,

She says she needs space as I recently found out that her aunt is very sick who she is very close to, she would not tell me as she said it was rivate and that is the way her aunt wanted it but I don't know is this just an excuse to let me down lightly?

She also told me she did not want to move on and don't want anyone else, I'm just so confused about the lot... I am just going to give her the space she said she wanted from the start, its my birthday in two weeks...

I WOULD LOVE SO ADVICE OR WHAT PEOPLE THINK?

Nov 27, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Is it over with my partner?
    It has been five weeks since my partner has left me and she has moved back home with her parents, however she has not taken all her stuff out of the house yet such as some of her clothes, handbags make up and even pictures belong to her garndmother that were given to her when she died as they were very close...

Is this hope she could be back and just needs time to think or am I clinging onto false hope?:(
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Nov 27, 2008, 05:26 AM

HI Mac, I think it is over. When my ex left me, he left his stuff here at my place as well, eventually I realised he will come and pick his stuff up when it suits him. He never rang and left it so long, it drove me nuts as in time I realised he did not care and will do what he wants and when he pleases. The longer it stayed at the house, the more painful the whole thing got. Finally I cargoed his stuff back to his mum's in the UK.
    I think it is v wrong when I person leaves and does not finish things properly. Leaving things around makes you think- maybe he will be back, but that is just false hope and you just get dissapointed and more heartbroken and end up driving yourself crazy.
    Best thing for you to do- is pack the stuff up nicely and send it back to her parents in a nice way- at least this way you know her stuff is gone to the right place and you don't need to worry about it. It v hard, I know but I spent 2.5 months panicking about his stuff , worrying about it, thinking of many thoughts of what does this mean etc and at the end sending his stuff back= relief.
    At least now I know he will not come over to see me for his stuff! If he ever did come round ( which I doubt) it will be to see me . Sending her stuff back will be good for you as it will give you your space and you can make your place nice just for you and feel you in your home. You can't heal with all your partners stuff around, I couldn't.

Nov 27, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Ok also she has told me she still has feelings for me and just wants space, she also told me she does not want to move on and wants nobody else.. lately I found out that her aunt who she is very close to is very sick with the same sickness her grandmother died from, its having an effect on her mam who she says is all over the place... what do I do? Do I giver her the space she needs as these past five weeks I've been desperate with sending flowers, love letters, texts etc?

Thanks

Nov 27, 2008, 05:44 AM

Hi Mac, Give her all the space she needs. That is what she asked for. In the meantime, pack all her stuff in a box and keep it in one place and so you don't have to look at it all the time. She must be going through a v hard time and may have not thought about her things. You should in the mean time keep busy and keep more busy and take little steps and make your day better. She may come back once she has her space, or she may not want to come back- at least this way you have moved on a little and will be able to deal with the situation in a much better way.

Nov 27, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Like we have been together 3 and a half years and we used spend everyday together and when we were not together we were texting, ringing etc...

She told my mam last week that she does love me and it would kill her to see me with anyone else, but all I want to do is help and care for her but she says she is not ready and she does not want to be in the relationship now?

In a women's context what does this mean? Thanks for your advice

Nov 27, 2008, 06:11 AM

If I loved someone but needed space to sort things out I would ask for time. But I could not expect that person to just wait and wait for me- it would not be fair. I think it is unfair for someone to say it would kill her to see you with someone, but she is not ready to be in a relationship. SOmetimes people need a bit of time to figger things out on how to proceed to the next part of the relationship- Your best bet is to give her space, and you move on getting yourself on your feet again.
    me22469 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2008, 06:18 AM

If you are that dead set against tattoos, this may be a moot point anyway, because she probably already has it. As for letting you down easy... yes. If she wanted to get back together with you, she would be there. Especially now that she should need comforting from someone that she loves. This is a sneaky and horrible way to find out for sure, but it has a tendency to work. Stop calling her, or contacting her in any way. Start dating someone (on a friends basis only) and see if she has anything to say about it. A lot of women don't know what they want until it is no longer available. If she doesn't come back, move on. You are better off being alone than being with someone that doesn't love you. Good Luck.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 27, 2008, 06:33 AM

Okay, you said that you did "everything" together, and that you "idolized" her. Back off Jack! (or I guess, back off Mac) I sense that you were crowding her! It's nice that you wanted to take care of her, but maybe you weren't letting her breathe?

As mentioned above, let her be for now. Don't call her, don't be clingy, don't be so available! Girls tend to like the guys that don't come running on the drop of a dime for every little thing. Stop doting on her so much, and give a little mystery to your relationship. Girls, just like guys, like a bit of a challenge! They don't want someone that is sitting at their feet all of the time.

Nov 27, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Well she did go out most weekends with her girlfriends while I used work 7 days a week but we were always in contact with each other, like she has not cleared out all her stuff from the house, like she only took not even half of it... do you think she just needs time and she will be back or is it over?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 07:32 AM

No one can answer whether she will be back. The best thing you can do, however, is pretend like it is over, otherwise it becomes extremely hard to deal with. You need to protect yourself as much as possible right now. You cannot dangle on a string while she makes up her mind as to "whether she wants to be with you" or not. That isn't fair to you.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 27, 2008, 07:37 AM

Why are you letting her walk all over you? She went out with her friends, while you were working all of the time. She leaves her stuff at your place, as basically a storage facility, and you just let her. You need to grow a pair. Seriously! Either she wants to be with you, or she doesn't. At this point, assume that it's over. If it's not, then time will tell. In the meantime, get on with you life and don't count on her coming back. That will only be setting yourself up for hurt. Best to try and accept that she is possibly not coming back now, and not sit and wait to see if she will.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 08:13 AM

When a female asks for space, give it to them. That simple.

If you have kept a healthy balance in your life, you will have plenty to do while she gets her act together, and after a period, she will either get her stuff, or you will send it to her. Your best plan is to enjoy yourself without her, until the emotional dust settles.

I doubt if this is about a tattoo, or a sick aunt, nor does it matter.

What matters are what you do about THIS situation.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 08:56 AM

First, I don't agree with the fact you gave her a choice to make. You made her chose between something that goes on HER body not YOURS and then she chose to end it because that's the choice you gave her. You have to live with it now. All you can do now is act as if it is over and move on.
    Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Sorry guy, but a female who cuts you from her life, is not worth tripping over, no matter what the excuse. Lack of clear honest communications, is a deal breaker, and she was probably tired of the way you treated her so go and deal with your issues and leave her alone until you do.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ce-285663.html

You can start all the different threads you want to, but sticking to one with your additional questions is a lot less confusing to all of us.

Nov 27, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Relationship trouble
    I have already posted a few times regarding my relationship, broke up with my partner of 3.5 years 5 weeks ago and at first it was over something stupid and then as we work in a small town, people started talking and saying horrible stuff as to why we broke up as we were in my eyes a perfect couple,

She told me she was willing to come back but once people started making up stories as to try see what happened example she cheating on me which I know was total bull as she is not that kind of person it hurt her deeply and made her angry towards me as if it was me who started the rumours...

Now we do talk regulary and even met for dinner the other night but she says she just isn't ready and needs space? What do people make of it all?
    JohnD212 Posts: 101, Reputation: 8

Nov 27, 2008, 12:26 PM

The #1 thing you can do right now is NO CONTACT. You need to separate yourself from her. It might take months... it might never happen... but you have to give her time to think about leaving you... to miss you and to wonder if that's what she really wants. Basically right now you're acting the way she expects you to and it just gives her more reasons to want to not be with you. Everyone likes to have someone wanting them... its like a drug... it really is addictive. But when that attention is gone... then they have to rethink if they want to be alone.

If she's leaving you over rumors from people in your town then I question how much she really knows you. It actually sounds a little immature to react this way. If she loves you and respects you... then she'd know you wouldn't spread rumors like that.

No contact... focus on the future and if and when she comes back around... let her talk and make it clear to her that you want an equal, loving relationship. No more gossip and rumors.

Nov 28, 2008, 02:26 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I am ging to try the no contact... its my birthday in 2 weeks and with Christmas and all if she had any feelings for me she will be back don't you think?:confused:
    Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 07:00 AM

You don't need another post Mac, just reply to the other ones, and get feed back, and cut down on a lot of confusion regarding your story.

When a female needs space, give it to her, and let her make up her mind without any pressure, and influence from you. Doesn't matter what coming up later, does it?

The path your on will lead you to confusion, and that's never a good thing.

Nov 28, 2008, 07:08 AM
    I know I'm just so confused myself... one minute she says she wants her space so I start to give it to her... then she texts me saying hope you are good, then we go around in circles... her mam was talking to me last night and just said giver her the time and break she needs?

I am trying to do that but at the same time is this just an excuse? I don't think her mam would say it if she did not mean it as I know her mam and she is always blunt and to the point?

Advice if anyone has been in a similar boat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men need space and time? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend broke up and he says he wants to work things out with me just he needs space and time cause there's a lot going on with his fammily so he has to be there for them, but he wants to work things out with me he said he's not sure when we will be back together cause he needs time and...

Time & space [ 2 Answers ]

Does time move relative to space?

Time and space? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently have been told by my girlfriend of 3+ years that she needs her time and space to "figure things out". Obviously this hit me like a ton of bricks and I resorted to the typical tactics that most guys resort to, grovel, tell her this is a bad idea, call, email, text her, send flowers. The...

He says he needs time and space [ 69 Answers ]

I am a single mom of 3 small kids. I have been seeing this guy (whose 27 I am 32)that works with me for about 3 months. Everything was going great we saw each other everyday now all of a sudden he says he needs time and space. Doesn't want me calling him or anything I am not sure what is going on....

View more questions Search