Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smurf69 Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Nov 26, 2008, 11:20 PM
    How do I gain weight
    Here is my story I'm a regular gym user with the last 15 months I feel like I have hit a stoping point I have a well riped body but no mass I mean I'm like 75lbs I have always had a problem gaining weight its not that I don't eat in fact I eat more then any of my friends who are a lot bigger then me. If anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them thanks:D
    tfrog Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 07:26 PM

Do you mean you're 75KG or 75LBS?
    If you're 75 LBS then you need to be at the least 4'4" to be in the healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) range.
    How old and tall are you exactly?

If you want to gain weight the first step would be to calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). To do this I need to know how old you are, how much you really weigh, your height, and your exercise level.

Generally you should be consuming 500 more calories a day than usual to gain 1 pound each week.

This is how your caloric consumption should be broken down.
    -40-60% of calories should come from carbohydrates (simple and complex sugars, including glucose, sucrose and fibers.)
    -20-30% of calories from proteins (you need complete proteins for your body's well being. Meats, fish, soy, and quinoa provide complete proteins)
    -20-30% of calories from fat (limit unsaturated fats and aim to completely eliminate trans fats. Saturated fats are the way to go.)

Your body has a sequence order of which it derives energy from. It first uses the carbohydrates as energy, then proteins, then finally fats. Whatever calories that you don't use in a day gets stored as fat and this is what inevitably helps you gain weight.
    Follow this with a slight increase in protein consumption daily and you should be gaining mass from both fat and muscles.
    However, you shouldn't drastically increase your protein consumption for it is essentially useless. Only increase the consumption by a couple to few grams.

Many people will get caught up in eating a large amount of fats and proteins as a way to gain weight and forget all about the essential nutrients that your body needs. Yes, it is true that vitamins and minerals do not contain any energy and therefore can't aid in weight gain but it is vital to balance your diet while you're trying to up your mass.

In a nutshell,
    - Consume a little more calories than your are daily, don't go on a splurge everyday and double your food consumption.
    - Stick to the caloric division rule, don't consume too much fat or protein. Keep to the percentages I showed you.
    - Don't forget about your vitamins and minerals.
    - Moderate your exercise level. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will not gain weight, but lose it.
    smurf69 Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2008, 02:34 PM

O sorry I said lbs I meant ot say kg I'm am 5 10 I spend about 6 hours a week in the gym I try and eat 4 meals everyday if I can get a chance it just seems to have no effect you no I have tried shakes such as pro gain and etc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight gain on dog [ 9 Answers ]

I have gotten a 2 year old rescue dog, he was basically in a cage for the first 2 years of his life. He now has a large yard to run in. He runs in a figure 8 in the back of the yard, and runs as fast as he can for hours. I have to bring him inside sometimes to get him to stop running. From all...

My dog needs to gain weight [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old female shepard and she is way to skinny. Her ribs are showing. I leave her food down all day and she appears to eat normally. Her bowl is never empty. What can I do to make her gain weight ?

I need my dog to gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

My dog Jake is almost a year old and I live in Alaska and he has no fat he is inside most of the time and is a sweet dog he is husky collie mix and he just looks to skinny how do I help him gain weight safely?:confused:

Weight gain [ 1 Answers ]

My son is very tall 6'2 and only weighs 135. He would like to gain some weight. Is there anything he can take to help. He eats very well, but gains no weight.

View more questions Search