Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MLM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 02:37 PM
    New Bath & Shower Fixtures
    I had a new shower/bath area built and plumbed quite some time ago. I have finished tiling and an ready to have the shower nozzle, hot/cold knobs, and bath faucet installed. I was just told the pipes that were installed must match the brand of fixture. Is this right? I have no idea what the plumber's name was or how to ask him if he plumbed for "moen" or Price Pfister" or what.

Can anyone please help?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2006, 08:52 PM
    If you are at the stage that you have tile on the walls you already have a faucet in the wall, and you or the plumber that installed the faucet should have the rest of the parts needed to finish the job, it is called the trim package. There are some situations where the plumber only buys the faucet body but not the trim package. Then he buys the trim package at the time the jpb is going to b efinished out. My sugestion to you is to either call an independent plumber and tell him what you problem is and see if he will come out and tell you what faucet body you have. If he can then let him finish the job for you...
    Good Luck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 29, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Things must work different in Letmetellu's area then in mine. He was entirely correct when he told you that if the shower walls were tiled then you already have a valve installed. I guess it might be possible to purchase a valve without the trim but I've worked all over the state and never worked for a shop that didn't stock the complete package. Nor have I ever found a wholesale house that sold them that way.
    I think what's happened here is that the shower was plumbed the tile went in and then the job was left setting for so long the plumbers name who had the trim was lost.
    Follow Letmetellu's advice and call in a plumber to see what you have inside the wall. Once you find out the brand and model name you can began to chase down the trim. I have never purchased just the trim package from a wholesale house unless they were willing to break open a box and rob one but I imagine one can be ordered direct from the factory. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low bath tub and shower pressure [ 2 Answers ]

We had a leak and some pipes had to be changed that lead to the shower head. We also had a new tub faucet installed. Pressure was low to both the shower and tub so we had the plumber return for an adjustment. It was OK for a while, but still not very much pressure. Several months passed and ...

Help with bath/ shower on slab [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering installing a Sterling brand two piece tub w/ shower enclosure in our full bath. Here's why when we purchased our home last Nov.of 2005 we did not notice the last owner had altered the bathing area. What he did was remove the tub spout and had a make shift cheap...

Revent 1st floor fixtures when adding attic 1/2 bath? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, thanks ahead of time for any help you can offer. My house is a cape cod. I'm converting the attic into master suite with half bath. (yes, I had it checked, I have egress/access/structural support). My question deals with reventing. It is my understanding that all current vents have to be...

Replacing bathtub and shower fixtures [ 4 Answers ]

(1) When replacing bathtub "snout", shower controls etc.. Do you caulk around the fixtures or use plumbers puddy? The original installation had plumbers puddy. (2) Do you place the caulk so the fixtures "sqeeze" out some material or just inside the fixtures? Example: I've obtain some...

Lukewarm bath/shower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My bath/shower has only had lukewarm water for the past couple of weeks and it is driving me crazy. The rest of the house has hot water (very hot -- I turned up the hot water heater's temperature to nearly 140 degrees) including the sink in the same bathroom as the bath/shower that only...

View more questions Search