Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kamkam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 08:36 PM
    2000 Honda Accord
    I recently had a problem starting my 2000 Honda Accord. The immobilizer light was blinking. I took it to the dealer, who charged me $330. To get fixed. Seems outrageous. Is there a simple solution to my problem??
    PopeRacing11 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kamkam View Post
    I recently had a problem starting my 2000 Honda Accord. The immobilizer light was blinking. I took it to the dealer, who charged me $330. to get fixed. Seems outrageous. Is there a simple solution to my problem???

I have a 1998 Accord that done the same thing... I just had a buddy of mine that works for Acura have me a new key made... They told me the ignition just wasn't recognizing the progammed key, probably because it was 10 yrs old.. So the new key fixed my problem... I hope this helps... BTW.. Did they not tell you what they done to fix it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

p1486 manufactur control auxiliary emissions controls on 2000 honda accord what does that mean what needs to be replaced

2000 Honda Accord LX [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Accord LX. My brake lights are not working. I was in a car accident in 8/2007 and I was rear ended. I had the body of my car worked on. I noticed this week that my brake lights weren't working. I took it back to the body shop because they made some errors in the body work of...

2000 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

My Honda Accord has an automatic transmission. When I put my car in reverse to pull out of our driveway which is slightly downhill, the car will move a little, them there is a bump sound and then it continues in reverse. It sounds like I ran over something, but I haven't. I'm thinking it has...

2000 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove the stereo in a 2000 Honda Accord?

View more questions Search