Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casey_williams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 04:24 PM
    What are the Grandparents Rights in Georgia?
    My children's Grandmother wants to be a grandmother now after 8 years of not having anything to do with my children. She threatened to take me to court. So I wondered what her rights are?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 04:40 PM

This is a very "changing" area, some states have them ( don't think GA does yet) but her case may be the first one to get it.

Of course whose grandmother, are you still with the other parent,

And why don't you want them to see the children, people do change.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 07:03 PM

Are you both located in Georgia ? That will make a difference also because visitation would be filed where the child lives.
    ann1958 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 07:13 PM
    I live in fla, grandchild lives in state of ga.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents rights [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Indiana, At the present time I have visitation set at 2 days a week. There is a modification hearing set for next week. The mother wants to change it to 1 weekend a month. My son passed away last year, he had custody of my grandson till then. I was his caregiver for 3 1/2 years. He is 5...

Grandparents rights after termination of rights over parents [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother of two children and my mother relinquished her rights of me and my sister when I was 12. Now here is my question... my mother wants to go for grandparents vistitaion for my children and my sisters and she is willing to got to court for it. I was told by my CPS worker that she...

Grandparents rights [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am a career counselor for youth. Some of my clients are being raised by their grandparents. Some of my clients have been with their grandparents for over 10 years. Is there a magic number that legally says that the grandparents are the legal guardians? What determines legal guardianship....

Grandparents Rights [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I need to ask a question. Me and my husband are married and his mother is very mad at us because we don't take our newborn son to her house every weekend all the way to her house, which is 45 minutes away to see her. She called the other day and we wasn't home and left us a message saying...

Grandparents rights [ 2 Answers ]

My son has a 2 yr child to his ex girlfriend.she now has another child to her new boyfriend.what happens if he adopts my grandson.can my son still see him and do we as grandparents have any rights to see him

View more questions Search