Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Something to Ponder on this Monday Morning
    While reading the book "What In The World Is Going On? by Dr. David Jeremiah Something caught my attention.
    I quote;
    "Shi'ia Islam believes that the Twelfth Imam can appear only during a time of worldwide chaos."
    Does this sound like the Bibles teaching on the rise of the Antichrist?
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Nov 24, 2008, 04:31 PM

No it doesn't sound like an antichrist.

Most of scripture which mentions the antichrists say that these are people who were Christians (or pretended to be) and left the fellowship with God to oppose Him:

1 John 2:18-19
    18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
    NIV

1 John 4:1-3
    4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist , which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
    NIV

2 John 7-8
    7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist .
    NIV

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things to Ponder [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: 1. Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards: Naïve *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 2. Isn't making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool? (My sentiments...

Ponder this [ 23 Answers ]

Did anyone ever think about Reality? That maybe, just maybe, it's not reality at all. maybe. . . We are all in a dream, and when we die, we actually wake up from our dream and start life for real. Maybe. . . The reason why some bad things happen to you even though you prevent it so much is...

Something to ponder [ 3 Answers ]

We see a lot of horny kids here, think to our self's, it was not that way when I was a kid. Well it got me researching a bit. I found this interesting “In North America age at menarche decreased by three to four months each decade after 1850; in 1988 the median age at menarche was 12.5 years...

Thought to ponder! [ 4 Answers ]

In read posts from this very helpful site, a came across this quote from another site I visit. Seem appropriate. experience Without experiences which render life unbearable and which make the hope of something new appear alluring and promising, there is no impulse toward inner change. But...

View more questions Search