Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spirital Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 04:11 AM
    Dogs and spirits
    I have another question

My daughter and I just not long ago both looked around in the computer room for my sneaky dog who has a habbit of trying to come into the room with us.
    As we heard her sigh. My daughter and I where looking for her and found her asleep in the kitchen where she normaly is waiting for food droppings.

The kitchen is round the corner and up the end of the corridoor.

We both herd the sigh and I know this is not the first time this has happened to me before. :o
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2008, 09:40 AM

It's a known phenonenom for this sort of thing to happen especially if your dog was soundly sleeping. I forget the exact term but I've read about this before happening. Humans can do this as well I've read. They will come home from work, enter the front door, etc. and another person will "hear" them coming home as usual only to come home a few minutes later and do it in real time.

Nov 24, 2008, 03:14 PM

Its funny as I've also had my dog playing with someone in the kitchen as where hearing her get very excited.

I've told my daughter off cause that's normaly her and I've found my daughter was in her bedroom. So I've always wonder if she was playing with someone else
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Dec 5, 2008, 09:30 PM

In my house we have experienced our dawgs barking crazily like someone is at the door knocking. They seem to pace a lot too in the bedroom and get up on the bed while we are sleeping... which is out of the ordinary for them. Our cat looks up to the celing all the time. Seems like the animal kind are sensitive to a lot of things. P
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Dec 6, 2008, 12:59 AM

I've never experienced anything outside the normal weirdness of my dogs, but recently my dog turned around in the kitchen and started barking towards the kitchen table and then backed away; and she only does that with strangers. She was scared or unsure and then circled the counter island back towards the table looking for whoever she saw, she was still wary for the next little while and would give a soft bark in that general direction but wouldn't go towards the table and she was keeping an eye out for whatever it was that spooked her.

I've never experienced that before. Now I don't believe in spirits and would like to chalk it up to her seeing a shadow or something, but it was night and there was nothing out of the ordinary in the kitchen. The only thing I can logically think of is maybe there was someone out the back of my house, but that's pretty improbable. So I am stumped, and I'm not ready to believe in spirits that dogs can discern but humans can't; but it was pretty weird and she's never behaved that way before unless someone new comes to our house.
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Dec 6, 2008, 08:09 AM

With the experience you had in your kitchen you say you don't believe in spirits? Well, just in case, get ready to believe. :) patti
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Dec 6, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pattijo55 View Post
    With the experience you had in your kitchen you say you don't believe in spirits? Well, just in case, get ready to believe. :) patti
    Well I'm ready to admit that she was spooked by something she either saw or thought she saw; but there is no evidence it was a spirit or some shadow person.

If I didn't know the theory that some dogs can sense spirits I would have come away with some other remote explanation for my dogs behavior; the fact that I have a previous knowledge of the theory and have posted here because it's the only outladish possibility I am aware of, does not make it true. It simply means that I don't know any other outlandish possibility to attribute it to.

Dec 6, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Well I positive that animals can

My dog is 7 going on 8 so not a young puppy and you can hear her playing in the kitchen on the lyno and not with a toy as she doesn't play with toys. Getting all excited and every time we put our heads around the corner she to see what happening she stops
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 09:02 AM

My Jack Russell terrier has played with someone on a regular basis. She will bark, run from one end of the house to the other and bark some more. We think she's playing with several people. She'll wag her tail and bow down like she wants to play. Normally she's just a couch potato or sleeps under the covers in my bed. She will stare intently into a certain area of the LR and have an "alert" expression on her face. I know she's seeing someone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing spirits [ 15 Answers ]

My 7 year old son recently informed us that he sees "dead people's faces". He is able to look at them straight on but says they do not talk to him. He says he can only see them at night so we got him a bright night light for his room. A couple of nights ago, he came in and told us that there...

How do I get rid of spirits? [ 10 Answers ]

It's been three weeks now and I cannot get rid of this shadows in my room.. They seem to like energy I have heard that they take it from you while you sleep in order to stay in this world... They can read your thoughts and they are possesive to the point of agony I can't take it anymore.. ...

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

What spirits are [ 3 Answers ]

I believe for the most part free roaming spirits are angels either demon or the ones on Gods team what are your thoughts?

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

View more questions Search