Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Nov 23, 2008, 08:59 PM
    No More Self-Expression in the Friendly Skies
    I thought I'd pass this one on. I guess it's best to "Stifle" as Archie Bunker
    Used to say until you're safely in a taxi or something.

US Airways Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angryby Mike Barish Nov 21st 2008 @ 12:30PM

You can't drive drunk. You can't operate heavy machinery on NyQuil. And you can't fly angry. At least according to US Airways. Consumerist picked up a story of a traveler who was hoping that US Airways would price match a ticket that he had purchased to the new, lower price. US Airways informed him that they couldn't match the lower fare. When he expressed his true feelings about the airline's inability to be polite corporate citizens, he was told that angry is the new al Qaeda.

Just check out this exchange from his conversation with customer service (CS):

CS: "Did you say you were going to be angry on the flight?"
    James: "I totally did. If I know that the guy sitting next to me spent $150 less for his seats than me, you better believe I'm not going to be happy."
    CS: "Well, if you're telling me you're going to be angry I'm going to notify security."

A representative from US Airways Executive Relations later reiterated that James had said that he was "going to be angry, and that's one of the words we look out for."

I'd love to know what other words get you added to the watch list. And is it just for security? If I say that I'm parched, do they warn the bartenders in the airport lounge? If I mention that I'm horny, are the flight attendants put on high alert (sorry Heather)?

So add vocabulary profiling to the list of airline security techniques. And the worst part? Now real terrorists know not to tell their customer service reps that they are angry. Beware of the happy man with a one-way ticket.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 11:41 AM

That is funny!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skies were grey? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can anybody help me with this song Skies were grey that rainy day we parted in lane . Was it tears that fell or was it rain. I would like to find the word and the artist who did this song,have been told that It may have been sung by Vince Hill but I do not know for sure Thanks for any...

English expression [ 2 Answers ]

Dear American friends, I recently found it difficult to understand some expressions in a short novel , SWEET LADY IN WHITE in 'One story', written by American author, Melanie Rae Thon. After several attempts consulting several dictionaries, I thought it much better to ask a native English...

DNA expression [ 2 Answers ]

Explain the process of prokaryotic protein biosynthesis by considering that the inheritable information for making proteins resides in nucleic acids (basically, describe this process of DNA expression as a set of biochemical reactions).

View more questions Search