Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amyunimus Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2006, 10:56 PM
    Counting Cells If several criteria are true
    Another question.

I'd like to count the number of cells in column C that have "incorrect" in them, if the corresponding cells in column A have "people" in it, and column B has "intact" in it.

So if A = people and B = intact, count all C that = incorrect.

Thanks!
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jun 27, 2006, 01:35 AM
    =IF(A1="people",IF(B1="intact",IF(J1="incorrect",1 ,0)))

This will put a 1 in the target cell IF all conditions are met.

Then select all the target cells and click on the Autosum icon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calorie counting [ 1 Answers ]

This might be a silly question but you won't know unless you ask,too count calories do you add up calories+calories from fat+carbs+sodium... this always puzzled me.Or do you add everything that stores fat from the nutrient fact chart?

34 weeks and counting [ 7 Answers ]

Well the dr said that he wants me to wait till Friday before going into labor. He also wrote a perscription to help make that possible. The babies are 4lbs 4oz and doing great. I have an appointment next week, he said if I make it that long. I am one and a half cm dialated and measuring full term...

Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting...

Several Criteria Classification on Excel [ 7 Answers ]

Quick question... I'd like to do the following: If the value in Column A is between 1-50 or 200-250 or 400-450, or 600-650 etc etc I want it to be classified as "people" in Column B. If it does not fall in those number ranges, I want it to be classified as "monkey" in Column B. This seems...

Excel: 2 criteria - 1 answer [ 9 Answers ]

GMorning Ladies/Gentlemen! Here's a small question: Is it possible to have two criteria which are filled in by a user, and in a third box an answer appears? I have put an example attached in zip format. Many thanks, Srecak

View more questions Search