Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 23, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsc1253 View Post
    my motives are to keep myself and my son from being homeless. I never said I was angry that my landlord won the eviction judgement.
    I may have inferred anger from your posts, but I think it was not unreasonable to do so. I could point to a couple of statements that indicated anger.

I was heartbroken, sir.
    Why would you be heartbroken because your landlord wanted to collect what was due?

Once again, just like my landlord, you words infer that because I couldn't pay my rent on time, makes me somehow ignorant, as you felt it necessary to tell me I'm required to pay my rent on time.
    Now you are the one inferring and from a lot less than I was. I am sure you didn't willfully withhold your rent. But renting apartments is a business. You don't maintain a business by not collecting what's owed you.

The wrong in not paying rent on time was "circumstance", such as illness, unemployment. I did not willfully or with malice intend to break the law.
    Again, I'm sure you didn't and never implied that.

The landlord on the other hand has been renting these apartments for 20 years, and willfully side stepped the law by not depositing my security as required by law.
    You don't know that for sure. We get lots of questions from landlords who have no clue what the rules are. Many small landlords (renting a few apartments) never research the law.

Also, I did not come to the web site to have my motives examined.

Just to confirm information. Which I have.
    When you post a question like this you invite comment. Not all of those comments may be to your liking.

Your comments are condesending and have upset me terribly, you words made me feel lesser, and stupid. This is just wrong.
    If they did, its more because of you than I. All I have tried to do is point out that you are risking alienating your landlord. And its my opinion, you are doing so to retaliate for your landlord taking you to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No lease. Security deposit debacle. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so I've been living in a room I found on Craig's List for the past 6 months. With no lease. One of my room mates is the lease holder and we pay him rent, which he in turn pays the landlord. It turns out he's been overcharging us to the extent that he actually makes a profit when rent is due. To...

Seperating/Lease/Security deposit [ 1 Answers ]

I signed a lease with my fiancé,both are names are on the lease. We recently have separated, and I had to move out, because it was no longer safe for me to be there. I didn't want a broken lease, and in the lease it states that if we have to move out, if we find someone to take the lease over...

Security deposit at lease renewal [ 2 Answers ]

Just purchased investment property with tenant. Tenant has a current oral/verbal month to month agreement. I intend to increase the rent after proper notice. Can I request a security and pet deposit at this time? One was never given or it was a very small amount.

Student Housing lease signed, no lease or security deposit. Can I cancel lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a student housing house. I require a $200 non-refundable lease deposit within 15 days of signing the lease (in this case it was due March 15). A $300 secutity deposit due June 1, and the rent less the lease deposit due August 28. I have a student that signed the lease, but never sent...

View more questions Search