Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2006, 04:42 AM
    Hi,
    Interesting posts.
    I am 64, and still too young to understand many things, too!
    I also believe many are still living because it's illegal to do anything about it! I am not referring to any person, living, dead, or anything in particular. I just think it's a great "slogan". LOL
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 05:07 AM
    So if it was legal you would kill somehow that annoyed you? Wow, that's where we differ.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Sarcasm and joking tones are hard to convey in this written world of the internet, some may infer that she'd actually like to kill people that annoy her.

Also look back at the comment that J_9 posted in candybabe's first post in this thread. No teenager likes to be told they're too young to understand things, I thought that was common knowledge.
    This is something I've spoken about often. I took a communications class once where we were told that words only comprise 30% of communication. The other 70% constitutes tone of voice, facial expression and body language. So written communication lacks 70% of what we communicate with. That's why we add emoticons (smilies) and use of CAPS or bolding, to substitute, somewhat for the missing 70%.

I too missed that remark (about killing) the first read through. But I can understand Candy's reaction to it. In J 9's defense, the forum topic is Humor & Comedy, so the remark shouldn't have been taken seriously. Still, I think the remark was in poor taste. If I had made the mistake of posting a remark like that I would edit it out and apologize to the membership. But then that's just my personal philosophy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Okay, guys, I will take that remark out.

It was just an e-mail that was sent to me and I copied and pasted the entire thing.

Sheesh... As ScottGem said this was a Humor & Comedy post. And I do agree with the communications part. It is hard to cummunicate with 100% accuracy.

Thanks all of you who did understand that this was in Humor & Comedy. I will digress and take that remark out.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jun 28, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Janine, I just thought I would add here. I thought it was a joke. Before you open a thread, check to see where it is coming from. Humor & Comedy... Hmmmm... could that be a joke. Not everyone will think every joke is funny.

Just thought I would let you know that I got a chuckle out of it and I am pasting it into my own email. Thanks.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2006, 09:38 AM
    "xcandybabex160: what a mean thing to say!! i don't care i'm 16 and loving it and i know i act real childish but i love my life so don't even bother pissing me off thankyou."

OK the post was funny, but xcandy's response was even funnier. Man, am I glad my daughter is now 19. A little drama still, but NOTHING like 16.

"dont even bother pi$$ing me off"... =) oops. Too late.

J_9 you took the remark off because a 16 year old was offended? =P what fun is it having teenagers around if you can't mess with their heads??

opps. I just ticked off a few more people. It's a good day.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2006, 09:41 AM
    KP, you are right, but apparently some other "older" people were offended too.

I laughed my A** off when I read it all. Yes the drama of being young again.

Apparently it has been a good day for me for a few days now, I seem to be ticking people off without realizing it. Oh, well... This nurse has to go give a few people HAPPY shots! (Look out for the BIG needle)
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2006, 12:33 PM
    That means I always try My Hardest (113%), but never give A Damn(32%)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search