Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    preed4962 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Removal Instructions Amana Microwave MVH210E
    I am looking to replace my Amana microwave since it has started making an awful noise. I cannot figure out how to remove this microwave. This unit is a range mount type with the integrated exhaust fan and attached to the cabinets over the stove. The model number is MVH210E. Amana/Whirpool website has no installation instructions.

Thanks!

Paul
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 08:10 PM

This is a generic answer for most hoods. There is a plastic grill around the top edge and careful inspection you will see two small screws in the grill or even between the louvers. These two screws go all the way through the unit to the back wall and into a steel mounting plate on the wall. Open the cabinet above and look at the cabinet floor, likely 2-3 screws going straight down, remove these last and the 2 little ones first. Have a helper or two because when you turn that last thread on the last bolt the wieght can catch you off guard. The round vent pipe is freequnetly just held by friction, duct tape or a few small sheet metal screws. Loosen the pipe first and unplug the unit from the lectric box inside the cabinet, frequently just an ordibary duplex outlet.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 08:16 PM

Above the stove top?

Attached to the cabinets?

Look in the cabinet above the unit,is there 2 screw heads visible?If so,remove 1 and see how long they are,the other needs to be removed with care,the unit will fall forward,the back is probably on a wall plate,look under the unit,against the wall,you might see the bracket where the unit rests(might not too)

When installed,most units that I have seen have these.

I hung the unit off the rear bracket,leaning it backward till it was in under the cabinet,then attached the screws into the top,through the cabinet base.

Hope this helps,

KBC
    waterheater Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Specific information for Amana Microwave instaqllation and removal can be found in the installation manual and service manual.

Try:

Amana Website: http://www.amana.com for installation manual
    AllRepairManuals.com: http://www.allrepairmanuals.com/amana-microwave-oven.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roper microwave removal [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1982 Roper Microwave (over the range), model 2652000. I am trying to replace it with another and cannot find the mounting screws to lift/tilt it out of position. There are no screws in the surrounding cabinets, nor can I find long screws by removing the vent grill on the top front. Any...

Whirlpool microwave removal [ 2 Answers ]

I need to remove an old whirlpool microwave, Model MH6700XM-0, vintage 1986, from under a cabinet over the range. There are no bolts in the bottom of the cabinet. I can see the bottom of the back plate where the bottom of the microwave hooks onto the bottom of the backplate, but there does not...

Installation instructions for amana guva090bx50 [ 2 Answers ]

Installation instructions for amana guva090bx50

Microwave - Over the Range - Removal [ 5 Answers ]

Over the Range Microwave died. Cannot get the old one out. Sits on a bracket mounted on the wall behind it. Will not budge. Looking for suggestions.

View more questions Search